Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

city-till-i-cry said:
I think at Villa away we should sing "He's here, He's there, He's every fucking where, RICHARD DUNNE, RICHARD DUNNE"

Would be a nice sign of respect to him and a bit of a thankyou for the service he has given us.

Espec sing it when he bags and O.G for us ;)

definitely. the mans a legend.

Braggster said:
scall1 said:
My God some of you have short memories! I've flicked through this thread and can't believe what some of you are saying about Dunnie.

"the worse Captain I can remember"

"i’ll always miss your hoofs up into the stand and your big fat arse scoring endless own goals etc"

I don't seem to recall you saying stuff like that was it 16 months ago when he was voted player of the year by the fans for the third or fourth year on the row?

Unbelievable. I'm shocked at how some people have turned on Dunnie, in fact, I'm ashamed of some of the stuff being written on here about him.

There have always been fans who didn't like Dunne; there have always been fans who haven't rated him. Plenty of fans have expressed gratitude, thanks and regret at his leaving too, so let's not pretend there aren't some Dunne fanboys as well.

The fourth POTY award was ridiculous, and many people said so at the time (should've gone to Martin Petrov).

I'd say it's to be expected that he'll be criticised after a year of poor performance and (in my opinion) poor captaincy.

However, I'm still grateful for the good service he has given us.

The fourth POTY award was ridiculous, and many people said so at the time (should've gone to Martin Petrov).
================
And the third should have gone to..........................

Joey Barton... by a mile.

calculated said:
what a surprise, the dunne haters delighted that dunne isn't happy how he was treated, if he had left with a smile on his face it would have been no fun for you sad twats. i bet half of you pathetic losers have never attended a game and if you do somehow manage to get the money of mother to go im certain you spare the real fans in the seats your opinion.

Simpleton

I have been a City fan for 45 years and survived good and bad seasons without ever feeling angry enough to write or email, MCFC. or fansites regarding things that have happened over the years. However this latest PR disaster deserves comment. Just when the club's positive profile is rising we are hit with the disgraceful way in which Richard Dunne has been treated. I have no doubt that he was prepared to stay on and fight for his place and we have a weaker squad without him. I know he has scored own goals (so has Garry Cooke) and made some howlers but how many better, more committed and experienced central defenders are there in the premiership prepared to be fourth choice centre back. We all remember the mistakes, but go and look at your videos of the past 5 seasons, count the last ditch tackles, goal line clearances, covering for other's mistakes, in every season he has prevented our opponents from scoring more " certain" goals against us, than any of our strikers have scored for us. Aston Villa don't need sponsors when they get such generous gifts. I am ashamed to be a City fan today as this shining example of pathetic management beams around the world in newspapers and other media. All the other players in the club and especially in the academy must be looking at their contracts and thinking "this is worthless" , no doubt we'll hear loud whining about lack of player loyalty if Tevez,Robinho, Ireland or Weiss decide to consider their contracts as " valuable" as Dunne's (especially those voted by the fans as player of the year) and head for fresh pastures. The words trust and football don't seem to belong in the same dictionary.

CityPar said:
Mike D said:
Agreed the lack of respect shown is disgraceful and ashamed of how the club has behaved.

Really? You only have Dunnes' word this is how it all went down. Think we should hear both sides of the story before you slaughter my club. Otherwise why don't you disappear and follow Dunne to Villa.

Because unlike you and the rest of the closet rags I believe the man who's sweated blood 9 years for this club. Ask yourself if this was all Dunnes making this all up and
What does he gain from saying this?
Why after 9 year of loyal service why has he not been given a much deserved testimonial?

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

SkyeBlue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I agree with the point your making, I'd put Kinky in there as well

I think the Goat is a true legend though

kinky is a legend
goater is a legend
dunne is history.

Dunne had a better percentage of good games to appearances than Kinky by a country mile. Dunne did significantly more for City than Kinky!

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

ArabFan12 said:
Legend used too frequently now a days. I wouldn't say he is a legend yet. If we won something and he scored the winning header in the final match then maybe I would have said so.

SWP has the potential of being a legend.

Does that make Dickov a legend then?

Mike D said:
CityPar said:
Really? You only have Dunnes' word this is how it all went down. Think we should hear both sides of the story before you slaughter my club. Otherwise why don't you disappear and follow Dunne to Villa.

Because unlike you and the rest of the closet rags I believe the man who's sweated blood 9 years for this club. Ask yourself if this was all Dunnes making this all up and
What does he gain from saying this?
Why after 9 year of loyal service why has he not been given a much deserved testimonial?

just because some of us have opinions that disagree with yours and are able to see beyond the hero worship, it doesn't make us closet rags, so grow up

He didn't sweat blood for 9 years he just did his job that he was well paid for and at least three of those he sweated alcohol

Maybe he made it up or not, but he is coming over all bitter and why no stay quite and be dignified about the club he supposed loved?

A player has to do 10 years and it is something that is so out of date with modern player pay scales. He got £600,000 and a reduced transfer fee that is his testimonial How much do you get after 10 years service and I bet you not on a year what he is on a week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.