Richard Dunne {merged}

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dunne is an absolute disgrace.

I want my testimonial, I want my place, I want my five year £50k a week contract.

His comments have not surprised me one little bit. It has always been about money for this bloke.

He was out the door last summer, where was his loyalty towards us then?

Hughes showed it by submitting to his demands.

Abolutely nowhere in the featured interview with Dunne does he have anything remotely couteous to say about the club and the deluded fans who backed his limited talent.

Sly little digs with regards Mark Hughes management style, Villa's ability to beat us to our objectives, an ability to come together as a squad when results may go against us.

On the last point, how does Dunbo even know this, seeing as we haven't lost a game yet this season with the new personnel?

A very bitter man who couldn't accept he was no longer the biggest fish in a small pond.

People also tend to forget that for the first few years of his stay at City, he treated his career and this club with contempt with how he lead his life.

All credit for eventually making the best of his limited ability, but I am more offended that he showed no class whatsoever with regards to the majority of those fans who did suffer his many faults.

No doubt the Irish lads and lasses on here will defend the guy to the hilt, fair enough.

I have supported City for long enough and players come and go, fans remain constant.

The only thing I can see which allowed Dunne to believe he was top dog at my club, for so long, was a fact of our gross mis-management and mediocity afforded.

Selling him is the best bit of business we have done throughout the entire summer window, and in last two years.

That should be the end of the thread, just about sums it up.

Braggster said:
scall1 said:
My God some of you have short memories! I've flicked through this thread and can't believe what some of you are saying about Dunnie.

"the worse Captain I can remember"

"i’ll always miss your hoofs up into the stand and your big fat arse scoring endless own goals etc"

I don't seem to recall you saying stuff like that was it 16 months ago when he was voted player of the year by the fans for the third or fourth year on the row?

Unbelievable. I'm shocked at how some people have turned on Dunnie, in fact, I'm ashamed of some of the stuff being written on here about him.

There have always been fans who didn't like Dunne; there have always been fans who haven't rated him. Plenty of fans have expressed gratitude, thanks and regret at his leaving too, so let's not pretend there aren't some Dunne fanboys as well.

The fourth POTY award was ridiculous, and many people said so at the time (should've gone to Martin Petrov).

I'd say it's to be expected that he'll be criticised after a year of poor performance and (in my opinion) poor captaincy.

However, I'm still grateful for the good service he has given us.

Totally agree

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dunne is an absolute disgrace.

I want my testimonial, I want my place, I want my five year £50k a week contract.

His comments have not surprised me one little bit. It has always been about money for this bloke.

He was out the door last summer, where was his loyalty towards us then?

Hughes showed it by submitting to his demands.

Abolutely nowhere in the featured interview with Dunne does he have anything remotely couteous to say about the club and the deluded fans who backed his limited talent.

Sly little digs with regards Mark Hughes management style, Villa's ability to beat us to our objectives, an ability to come together as a squad when results may go against us.

On the last point, how does Dunbo even know this, seeing as we haven't lost a game yet this season with the new personnel?

A very bitter man who couldn't accept he was no longer the biggest fish in a small pond.

People also tend to forget that for the first few years of his stay at City, he treated his career and this club with contempt with how he lead his life.

All credit for eventually making the best of his limited ability, but I am more offended that he showed no class whatsoever with regards to the majority of those fans who did suffer his many faults.

No doubt the Irish lads and lasses on here will defend the guy to the hilt, fair enough.

I have supported City for long enough and players come and go, fans remain constant.

The only thing I can see which allowed Dunne to believe he was top dog at my club, for so long, was a fact of our gross mis-management and mediocity afforded.

Selling him is the best bit of business we have done throughout the entire summer window, and in last two years.

I agree entirely mate. I live near Dunne and I have seen him on numerous occasions getting pissed up and smoking. I for one am delighted that we have sold him, as you say my friend a brilliant bit of business.

The Irish Times and the Gurdian (who nearly always are spot on regarding us) are claiming you sold him for £ 4.8 Mill due to some pay off and wanting to get rid. That's robbery right there tbh

Braggster said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
Lets all single out Richard Dunne for poor team performance, forget about "tactics and team selection", forget about bringing the best out of existing players. Sell them all.

To some extent I see what you are saying here. But the problem is that some of Dunne's errors were manifestly nothing to do with tactics, team selection, or any other team/manager related problem. The were far, far too many unforced errors from Dunne last season, some of which cost us, some didn't.

Now you might argue that it's up to Hughes as manager to help Dunne eradicate that from his game, and under normal circumstances that might be correct. However, when we can afford to buy Lescott for £24m, it's clear we're not in 'normal circumstances'. And I think it's also true that Hughes can feel let down by a player who is senior, vastly experienced, and the club captain. Such players are expected to lead by example and take responsibility for their own games.

On last year's form, there is scant evidence of that from Dunney.

My point is, "that last year Dunne was not playing with an established back four" Bridge, TBH, with Kompany, Zab, DeJong and a whole host of new players were brought in, what happened to waiting for a team to gel and get to know each others game.
Bridge was very shaky at the start and we all know about TBH, it was right to sell him, even though we just bought him.
I hate to see the way this is going, I can see how this is playing out we don't give the team time, we make a scapegoat and shove them out the door.

Are we going to keep on slagging players who have worn the shirt, what does it say about the fans. This is about the Captain being sold behind his back with 3 years left on his contract. Not about if he is any good or not, because Villa will find that one out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/im-not-bitter-at-blues-declares-dunne-100163.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/im-n ... 00163.html</a>

I’m not bitter at Blues, declares Dunne
By Liam Mackey, Nicosia

Friday, September 04, 2009

RICHARD DUNNE insists he is not bitter and harbours no ill-will towards the club where he had been captain and four times player of the year.

"No, I’m not bitter, I really enjoyed it and I wish them all the success they can have. The fans have been fantastic to me there and they’ve been crying out for success for such a long time and now they seem like they’re on the brink of it and I hope it all goes really well for them. It’s a really enjoyable club, a family club and I just hope they get what they deserve."

Dunne, however, also believes that Aston Villa are a club who can give his former employees "a run for their money this season".

"It softens the blow that I’m moving to a side which has similar ambitions.

"Obviously, they don’t have the financial backing that Man City have, but we have a squad as good as most in the league.

"It’s difficult for Man City, because of the amount of players that have come in.

"So far, it’s been great and everything has gelled really well and the results have been really good. For them, when it gets difficult, there’s not really the bonding in the dressing room. It won’t be strong enough maybe when things turn difficult, whereas Villa’s squad is young and have been together for a while and they have the confidence of last year when they were fourth for a very long time and it was probably just the strength in depth which let them down in the end.

"It’s going to be a really open league this year and that’s why I feel we’ve as much a chance of getting fourth at Villa as you would have at Man City."

City have so far declined to make any official comment on the charges made by Dunne, but last night sources close to the club denied the suggestion that he had been promised a testimonial. It is also understood that the player received a golden handshake upon leaving the club, believed to be in the region of £600,000.

More immediately, Dunne is hoping that tomorrow night’s game in Nicosia will help erase memories of the 5-2 defeat three years ago, during which he capped a miserable night for himself by getting sent off.

"I went there with Manchester City last year and they had pictures of the 5-2 game all around the place. It’s just there for them and it’s an inspiration for them. Each time they go out, they obviously know that they can beat us.

"People speak about revenge but for us now it’s about winning the game. We have a different squad now and probably a stronger mentality in the squad.

"We are three games away from finding out where we lie so we really need to pick up maximum points and give ourselves the best chance.

"We are desperate to win the game on Saturday. If that happens, then you can go into the final two games and really go for it. And leave a bit of room behind us.

"We feel we can beat anybody at Croke Park so if we can win in Nicosia it will really set us up."

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Friday, September 04, 2009

It is such a shame that this has happened. Dunney has been and will continue to be a great player. There is no doubt in my mind that City would be better off with him than without him. Come the African Nations and injuries we will need the kind of back-up that Dunney would have been able to provide. Hughes stated that he did not want to stand in the players way and as a Captain of the club he deserved that chance to move. This seems to be contradicting what Dunne is saying. Has Cooke gone behind the managers back? Very Worrying!!

Russtiff said:
It is such a shame that this has happened. Dunney has been and will continue to be a great player. There is no doubt in my mind that City would be better off with him than without him. Come the African Nations and injuries we will need the kind of back-up that Dunney would have been able to provide. Hughes stated that he did not want to stand in the players way and as a Captain of the club he deserved that chance to move. This seems to be contradicting what Dunne is saying. Has Cooke gone behind the managers back? Very Worrying!!

No Hughes would walk of that I have no doubt. Dunne is shit stirring

what a surprise, the dunne haters delighted that dunne isn't happy how he was treated, if he had left with a smile on his face it would have been no fun for you sad twats. i bet half of you pathetic losers have never attended a game and if you do somehow manage to get the money of mother to go im certain you spare the real fans in the seats your opinion.

kramer said:
No Hughes would walk of that I have no doubt. Dunne is shit stirring

Dunne isn't stirring everything. People here should understand how the media works.

Robbie: 'I didn't want to play v pompey because my ankle was hurting and I wanted to be fully fit for the internationals rather than risk aggreviating the injury'
Media: 'Robinho disrespectful to City again!'

Dunne: 'I had a great time at City and wish them the best, I am sad to part company'
Media #1: 'Richard Dunne heatbreak at parting with City'
Media #2: 'Dunney didn't want to leave'
Media #3: 'Richard Dunne forced out of City'
Media #4: 'Dunne: I hate City for all they are'

Don't believe everything you read. Dunne said, he's said but not bitter about the move. He was given the chance to leave for first team football and perhaps some City officials suggested he should go, because of the pressure on the manager to pick him just on his merits.

He liked us, we liked him. Let's keep it that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.