Richard Dunne {merged}

Legends are the 68 team, Dunne is not a legend.

He is a loyal servant who gave us 9 very good years as a good centre half, not a world beater though. He had a good partnership with Distin.

However, lets not forget the work put in by the club in turning his life around when alcohol threatened to ruin his career. We could easily have sacked him, but the club and Keegan put in a lot of work, he should not forget that.

His departure has not been handled well by both Dunne and the club and that is a shame.

What the f*ck is going on.
The normal British Slimey Press get desperate for a story after the transfer window closes and put a total spin on the Dunne affair.
He was with us throught the bad times... but got payed well for an average to good defender.
He was loyal to the Club, and the Club were loyal to him when ne went on the piss a few years ago. This resulted in the saving of his career, and the opportuity to earn millions more.
Richard..........thanks for everything, and be thankfull you were at a Club who stood by you when you had a crisis in your life.
Move on with dignity, and let us not lose the rightfull respect for you.
END OF........

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dunne is an absolute disgrace.

I want my testimonial, I want my place, I want my five year £50k a week contract.

His comments have not surprised me one little bit. It has always been about money for this bloke.

He was out the door last summer, where was his loyalty towards us then?

Hughes showed it by submitting to his demands.

Abolutely nowhere in the featured interview with Dunne does he have anything remotely couteous to say about the club and the deluded fans who backed his limited talent.

Sly little digs with regards Mark Hughes management style, Villa's ability to beat us to our objectives, an ability to come together as a squad when results may go against us.

On the last point, how does Dunbo even know this, seeing as we haven't lost a game yet this season with the new personnel?

A very bitter man who couldn't accept he was no longer the biggest fish in a small pond.

People also tend to forget that for the first few years of his stay at City, he treated his career and this club with contempt with how he lead his life.

All credit for eventually making the best of his limited ability, but I am more offended that he showed no class whatsoever with regards to the majority of those fans who did suffer his many faults.

No doubt the Irish lads and lasses on here will defend the guy to the hilt, fair enough.

I have supported City for long enough and players come and go, fans remain constant.

The only thing I can see which allowed Dunne to believe he was top dog at my club, for so long, was a fact of our gross mis-management and mediocity afforded.

Selling him is the best bit of business we have done throughout the entire summer window, and in last two years.

drivel.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

The Goat Feeder said:
ArabFan12 said:
Legend used too frequently now a days. I wouldn't say he is a legend yet. If we won something and he scored the winning header in the final match then maybe I would have said so.

SWP has the potential of being a legend.

Does that make Dickov a legend then?

Of course Dickov's a City legend. That strike will be mentioned in every City related book from now til forever. That was a crucial moment and he was the decisive force at that moment. He'll never be forgotten.

With Dunne, only time will tell, but right now he'd just go down as the 'captain for a couple of years' guy.

Mike D said:
CityPar said:
Really? You only have Dunnes' word this is how it all went down. Think we should hear both sides of the story before you slaughter my club. Otherwise why don't you disappear and follow Dunne to Villa.

Because unlike you and the rest of the closet rags I believe the man who's sweated blood 9 years for this club. Ask yourself if this was all Dunnes making this all up and
What does he gain from saying this?
Why after 9 year of loyal service why has he not been given a much deserved testimonial?
A full 9 years wow, less the time spent missing from training or turning up pissed to work, which to the average person would mean losing a job. Nine years for one employer, i bet nobody on here could match that.

Dunne has gone from nearly but not quite legend to fully fledged cock-end in my eyes.
Stole this post off the M.E.N site, its a corker and ends the thread for me...

No doubt the foamers will be at it. Gary Cook has a job at the helm of the world's richest club to make it the best it can be, What should he do with the Arab's millions, just stash it in the bank and keep his fingers crossed that the likes of Dunne, Mills, Etuhu, Bradley Wright-Phillips will win us the league?

Every employee that leaves a company whether by choice or not will have bad things to say. I thought more of Dunney to do this given that he was a 'loyal servant'.

Look at what he said:

'I was getting phone calls from people saying Garry Cook has been trying to sell me behind my back.'

Well that is what normally happens, just as players agents tout around players without informing the existing club. Club chairman speak all the time about players.

“I’m disappointed with people who say one thing and then completely do the other. I’m not a baby, I’m not going to cry just because the club want to sell me.'

But you are doing just that.

“Garry Cook has come in and he doesn’t really understand football. All he wants is big-money players. He doesn’t understand the core of the club and where it begins.''

OK so let's just stick with mediocre players then shall we? I suggest that just as Dunne says Cook doesn't understand football, so too Dunne couldn't run a company the size of City.

“They told me they have a certain amount of money they have to recoup each season to make things look better on the books.

That is straight forward business, what's the problem? Even though we have a wealthy owner the club needs to run as it's own entity, not as a charity, hence the reluctance to pay him £1m for a testimonial. “I could understand if I was getting sold for 200million euros but it was a bit strange really'.

Not really, £6m is £6m.

"I am not bitter, I really enjoyed my time there and wish them all the success," he added.

No, you don't sound bitter at all Richard.

"The fans have been great to me and have been crying out for success. They now seem they are on the verge of it and I just hope they get what they deserve."

So we are on the verge of success but have a chairman who doesn't understand football, only want big name players? Somehow it seems to be working.

In another paper who said that he refused to talk to Cook for a few months and ignored his calls. Well as the Club Captain that was setting a good example wasn't it?

I know about all sorts of things that went on at City in the past few years and the players really did rule the roost. Trouble is we have a manager and chairman who won't stand for disruptive moaners and they of course don't like it.

Dunne also said that City don't view contracts as worthy as they 'tore it up'. Well we honoured Danny Mill's, Vassell etc and other players who hardly played. Thing is Dunney we got a good offer for you so things change.

Look at how players view contracts. How many players honour their full contracts? If they want away they just go, but that is OK. When clubs do it the players sulk.

I liked Dunney but he's not helping himslef here and is not this 'loyal servant' just a typical out of touch player.

Fact is that he wasn't Captain material as it was and we now have people like Toure and Barry in so what do you do? Stick with Dunne, Dickov, Morrison, and other triers and flirt with relegation?

Disturbance said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dunne is an absolute disgrace.

I want my testimonial, I want my place, I want my five year £50k a week contract.

His comments have not surprised me one little bit. It has always been about money for this bloke.

He was out the door last summer, where was his loyalty towards us then?

Hughes showed it by submitting to his demands.

Abolutely nowhere in the featured interview with Dunne does he have anything remotely couteous to say about the club and the deluded fans who backed his limited talent.

Sly little digs with regards Mark Hughes management style, Villa's ability to beat us to our objectives, an ability to come together as a squad when results may go against us.

On the last point, how does Dunbo even know this, seeing as we haven't lost a game yet this season with the new personnel?

A very bitter man who couldn't accept he was no longer the biggest fish in a small pond.

People also tend to forget that for the first few years of his stay at City, he treated his career and this club with contempt with how he lead his life.

All credit for eventually making the best of his limited ability, but I am more offended that he showed no class whatsoever with regards to the majority of those fans who did suffer his many faults.

No doubt the Irish lads and lasses on here will defend the guy to the hilt, fair enough.

I have supported City for long enough and players come and go, fans remain constant.

The only thing I can see which allowed Dunne to believe he was top dog at my club, for so long, was a fact of our gross mis-management and mediocity afforded.

Selling him is the best bit of business we have done throughout the entire summer window, and in last two years.

drivel.

And you're deluded - time to put away that Richard Dunne duvet set.

Good riddance. Won't be long until Villa fans wonder what all the fuss was about.

Mike D said:
Because unlike you and the rest of the closet rags I believe the man who's sweated blood 9 years for this club.

l actually reckon you are the Closet Rag.....

We stand on the verge of greatness, with the best Manager, Players and Hierarchy since the halcyon days of Mercer and the only thing that can stop us is flat-caps like yourself who won't move with the times and embrace it.

Before you even think of a fucking cheap shot and try to question my loyalty, l have loved City for 40 odd years....

der-bomber said:
Mike D said:
Because unlike you and the rest of the closet rags I believe the man who's sweated blood 9 years for this club.

l actually reckon you are the Closet Rag.....

We stand on the verge of greatness, with the best Manager, Players and Hierarchy since the halcyon days of Mercer and the only thing that can stop us is flat-caps like yourself who won't move with the times and embrace it.

Before you even think of a fucking cheap shot and try to question my loyalty, l have loved City for 40 odd years....

Exactly, for every fan, it is time to embrace the future, whatever it may hold.

A. Because it looks a damn sight rosier than our recent past.

B. Because there will always be those people who say they dream of success, but never actually want to do anything about it and remain in the comfort zone.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Disturbance said:

And you're deluded - time to put away that Richard Dunne duvet set.

Good riddance. Won't be long until Villa fans wonder what all the fuss was about.

You've got a Richard Dunne duvet set?

Strange considering you've just delighted in slagging him off even though half of what you posted isn't true. Which player are you going to slag off next? I'm guessing Robinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.