Richard Dunne {merged}

tolmie's hairdoo said:
der-bomber said:
l actually reckon you are the Closet Rag.....

We stand on the verge of greatness, with the best Manager, Players and Hierarchy since the halcyon days of Mercer and the only thing that can stop us is flat-caps like yourself who won't move with the times and embrace it.

Before you even think of a fucking cheap shot and try to question my loyalty, l have loved City for 40 odd years....

Exactly, for every fan, it is time to embrace the future, whatever it may hold.

A. Because it looks a damn sight rosier than our recent past.

B. Because there will always be those people who say they dream of success, but never actually want to do anything about it and remain in the comfort zone.
While I agree with you tolmie, I think it's important City fans do not forget where we came from. Dunne, I expected/hoped would be allowed to leave, but that doesn't mean I have lost respect for him. He has given City a lot, as much as he could on the pitch, and whilst that may not be enough any more, I salute him for the effort and wish him all the best.

Round of applause from me when Villa come and visit and his name is announced.

Richard Dunne 'accuses' Man City

Did not expect this of Gary Cook

Here the Article..........

Dunne accuses Man City over exit

Dunne feels he was not told the truth by Man City
Richard Dunne has accused Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook of trying to sell him behind his back.

Dunne, 29, moved to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day after nine years at Eastlands but was disappointed with the manner of his departure.

"From June I was getting calls saying Garry Cook has been trying to sell me behind my back," claimed Dunne.

"I've been honest with them - they should have been the same with me rather than doing it behind my back."

Dunne, who is on international duty with the Republic of Ireland, said he had gone to Cook earlier in the year and told him if he had any problems to come and deal with him directly.

He added: "I'm disappointed with people who say one thing and then completely do the other.

"Garry Cook has come in and he doesn't really understand football. All he wants is big-money players. He doesn't understand the core of the club and where it begins.

"I'm not a baby, I'm not going to cry just because the club want to sell me. I don't mind, just don't do it behind my back."

City spent £118m in the summer transfer window on the likes of Carlos Tevez, Gareth Barry, Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott.

But they told Dunne they had to sell him, for a fee of £6m, to balance the books.

"They told me they have a certain amount of money they have to recoup each season to make things look better on the books," said the defender.

"I could understand if I was getting sold for 200m euros but it was a bit strange really.

"It just needed people to be honest with me, there were a lot of things going on throughout the summer."

der-bomber said:
lf Dunney was such a paragon of virtue himself ,he wouldn't have come out with this seedy little , childish diatribe in the press....

Don't be so precious.

Disturbance said:
der-bomber said:
lf Dunney was such a paragon of virtue himself ,he wouldn't have come out with this seedy little , childish diatribe in the press....

Don't be so precious.

Well, actually ,to me it looks like our ex, mediocre centre-half is the one being precious ,he could have just gone with dignity and his head held high, but instead chose to do his dirty washing in public and instigate a childish slanging match, which does neither party any favours...

This board is laughable at times.

If Dunne was in thE team against Arsenal and we lost 3-0 and he had a nightmare, the same people would be saying get the rid. Fans were saying it was time for him to move on last season when he was crap.

If he was brilliant last season and then got forced out then fair enough be pissed off but he wasn't good enough last year.

GET A FUCKING GRIP

I always enjoy reading blues comments on this site and I occasionally post. Some of the comments I agree with and some I don’t, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I just can’t believe the OP criticising anything at all that we have done this season!!!

1. We have the best team I have seen assembled by …our management
2. I have never ever been as excited about the start of a season ever (I’m forty F’in Two)

Yes we have let a brave, strong, loyal centre half go and all the other superlatives that go with Dunne But the management have decided it’s for the greater good of the team as a whole.

Why keep a horse (or Donkey if you prefer) that you love slowly ebbing away watching the thoro breads playing in the field when you can let it play out in another field with other cart horses enjoying it’s self.

Also on a more serious note we need to bring Nedum in when ever Lescott or Koloa r rested or injured. And we have Vinny who will compete. It’s all for the greater good.

He’s gone get over it and support the greatest team assembled since The King played, support the management, support the new centre halves and support each other let’s not shoot ourselves in the foot once again arguing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.