Richard Dunne

I can't even remember waiting for the presentation! It was so late the Barcelona Metro had finished for the night, then the all-night buses got stuck in the congestion. But Vladimir Weiss was brilliant that night.

It was a great trip. I remember arriving at the ground 20-25mins before kick off and thinking it was really quiet and expecting the ground to be empty. Huge shock when we got in and the place was absolutely chocker.

It was a great trip. I remember arriving at the ground 20-25mins before kick off and thinking it was really quiet and expecting the ground to be empty. Huge shock when we got in and the place was absolutely chocker.
Yes 96,000 for a prestige pre-season game to celebrate their own Joan Gamper trophy. A huge turn-out of Blues (more than any of the CL games there I have been too) and we all sang: "1-0 in your cup final." Magnificent!

Know it was only a friendly but still can't believe we won that one.

FC Barcelona:Pinto, Montoya (Alves 45), Fontas (Henry 63), Puyol (Bartra 31) (Pique 63), Maxwell (Muniesa, 63), Toure (Tiago 45) Busquets ( Keita 45), Gudjohnsen (Jonathan, 45), Pedro (Messi 45), Bojan (Ibrahimovic 45) and Jeffren (Gai Assulin, 54).

Manchester City:Given, Onuoha, Kolo Toure (Ben-Haim 45), Dunne, Zabaleta (Garrido 65), Weiss, Ireland, Barry (Etuhu 70), Wright-Phillips (Trippier 80) , Petrov, Tevez (Bellamy 65).

Look at the subs for both teams - they brought on Alves, Henry, Thiago, Messi and Ibra - we brought on Bellamy, two kids, and two players who could barely even considered backups!

Still, great way for Dunne to end.

Friendlies after the season has started seem to be a bit of a thing for us - remember one against the UAE the same season (lost 1-0), then one against Hamburg a few seasons later under Pellegrini. Never known anybody else do it.

Yes 96,000 for a prestige pre-season game to celebrate their own Joan Gamper trophy. A huge turn-out of Blues (more than any of the CL games there I have been too) and we all sang: "1-0 in your cup final." Magnificent!
We were there for a few days before the game and spent most of the time at a bar right on the beach that had been taken over by City fans. Think we were there all day for 3 days and it was overrun with blues, in the bar, and on the beach.

Yes an amazing jaunt with a proper City turn out, when it was half time I phoned talksport and the producer asked me where I was? I kid you not when I told them I was at the barca game at the nou camp he honestly didn't have a clue we were even playing( somethings never change at tsport! ),he refused to put me on air saying something like I was a bit too hyper and sweary and he definitely wasn't having me on air when I asked him for confirmation that burnley had just beaten utd,cos of our late kick off their game had finished.Seem to remember it was a full league programme that midweek but Our intended opponents everton had a champs league qualifier with I think villareal and that's why we may have got the gig,all off the top of my head so apologies if the last facts are wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.