Richard Dunne

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ancoats, 21 Jul 2016.

1. franksinatra

franksinatra

It was a great trip. I remember arriving at the ground 20-25mins before kick off and thinking it was really quiet and expecting the ground to be empty. Huge shock when we got in and the place was absolutely chocker.

2. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Yes 96,000 for a prestige pre-season game to celebrate their own Joan Gamper trophy. A huge turn-out of Blues (more than any of the CL games there I have been too) and we all sang: "1-0 in your cup final." Magnificent!

Mike N likes this.
  3. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    Dunne wasn’t the most skilful or talented player but he gave his absolute all in a City shirt each and every time. A City legend for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. IOWBlue

IOWBlue

Thats how you rate players is it? hahaha.

5. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Doesn’t he also have the POTY record, too?

Eccles Blue and samarasra like this.
  6. Motty25

Motty25

Know it was only a friendly but still can't believe we won that one.

FC Barcelona:Pinto, Montoya (Alves 45), Fontas (Henry 63), Puyol (Bartra 31) (Pique 63), Maxwell (Muniesa, 63), Toure (Tiago 45) Busquets ( Keita 45), Gudjohnsen (Jonathan, 45), Pedro (Messi 45), Bojan (Ibrahimovic 45) and Jeffren (Gai Assulin, 54).

Manchester City:Given, Onuoha, Kolo Toure (Ben-Haim 45), Dunne, Zabaleta (Garrido 65), Weiss, Ireland, Barry (Etuhu 70), Wright-Phillips (Trippier 80) , Petrov, Tevez (Bellamy 65).

Look at the subs for both teams - they brought on Alves, Henry, Thiago, Messi and Ibra - we brought on Bellamy, two kids, and two players who could barely even considered backups!

Still, great way for Dunne to end.

Friendlies after the season has started seem to be a bit of a thing for us - remember one against the UAE the same season (lost 1-0), then one against Hamburg a few seasons later under Pellegrini. Never known anybody else do it.

7. manclad

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
    Dunny was alright but he got taken apart by Joe Bugner. All of his titles were lost after that.

Vienna_70 likes this.
  8. i went to rotherham

i went to rotherham

We were there for a few days before the game and spent most of the time at a bar right on the beach that had been taken over by City fans. Think we were there all day for 3 days and it was overrun with blues, in the bar, and on the beach.

bobbyowenquiff likes this.
  9. manimanc

manimanc

Have you really replied to a four year old post? I bet the other geezer is thinking WTF .. :)

Jogon 127 likes this.
  10. citydad

citydad

Yes an amazing jaunt with a proper City turn out, when it was half time I phoned talksport and the producer asked me where I was? I kid you not when I told them I was at the barca game at the nou camp he honestly didn't have a clue we were even playing( somethings never change at tsport! ),he refused to put me on air saying something like I was a bit too hyper and sweary and he definitely wasn't having me on air when I asked him for confirmation that burnley had just beaten utd,cos of our late kick off their game had finished.Seem to remember it was a full league programme that midweek but Our intended opponents everton had a champs league qualifier with I think villareal and that's why we may have got the gig,all off the top of my head so apologies if the last facts are wrong.

dozzie26 and bobbyowenquiff like this.