Richard Keys "City blow a fortune"

Milner first name on the teamsheet after Kun was quite funny tbf !

Hmm, yeah, much as I believe that Milner has been a great plater for the club, he's have him in the team agead of Silva, Hart, Yaya, Komps. Like someone else said, don't think he's trying to twist the knife but just proves how shite he is writing things llike this.

It's a nonsense article, apart from the homegrown issue where we will have to pay too much - too late!
We don't "have to" pay too much, we simply want the best available. We could easily replace Milner with a hard working squad player without any dificulty or expense, but we want the best. Whether we did that this yer or two years ago it still would have cost a fortune. (and I don't really see many english players around a couple of years ago worth paying a fortune for)

The homegrown issue is completely blown out of all proportion, the HG players we're losing didn't play that many minutes any way, they could just as easily be replaced by a foreign player if we got rid of some of the dead weight in the foreign quota (looking at you Jovetic, and you Willy). Buying a HG player or two will just make things easier, they aren't essential in any way, shape or form. Milner is the only HG player who we've lost who actually requires replacing and there are tons of ways of doing that without even needing any more HG players.

We don't "have to" pay too much, we simply want the best available. We could easily replace Milner with a hard working squad player without any dificulty or expense, but we want the best. Whether we did that this yer or two years ago it still would have cost a fortune. (and I don't really see many english players around a couple of years ago worth paying a fortune for)

The homegrown issue is completely blown out of all proportion, the HG players we're losing didn't play that many minutes any way, they could just as easily be replaced by a foreign player if we got rid of some of the dead weight in the foreign quota (looking at you Jovetic, and you Willy). Buying a HG player or two will just make things easier, they aren't essential in any way, shape or form. Milner is the only HG player who we've lost who actually requires replacing and there are tons of ways of doing that without even needing any more HG players.

Don't you think questions should be asked at the Club why the English players had been calling themselves "the quota"? The fact that the few English players - except Joe - are keen to move on is a worry in itself

Having some homegrown players should be important to any Club (and I'm not just talking the UEFA definition!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.