Richards, what has got into him?

No. No no no no no no no.

That line is intended for the City fans that relish having a boo-boy to go after every game rather than support the team.

Richards is having a mare of a time - no problem admitting that. However, he is still young and still has loads of ability that will be brought out eventually. It just depends if that is with City or another club, because it will come to the fore. I just hope it is with us.

Remember it was not long ago that we were all demanding he stay an not be sold for the rumored £20 million valuation.

Bum nuts mate.

strongbowholic said:

That line is intended for the City fans that relish having a boo-boy to go after every game rather than support the team.

Richards is having a mare of a time - no problem admitting that. However, he is still young and still has loads of ability that will be brought out eventually. It just depends if that is with City or another club, because it will come to the fore. I just hope it is with us.

Remember it was not long ago that we were all demanding he stay an not be sold for the rumored £20 million valuation.

Bum nuts mate.

The problem is, and this is just my opinion (although it might be shared by a fair few), is that Richards is not a footballer. He is an athlete who, having got to the position he is today, is not prepared to learn the nuances of the game itself. Of course he has ability, but I have been watching him for 4 seasons now and he is getting worse every time I see him. If he improves ten fold then it will only bring him back to how good he was when he was 17/18. What does that tell you?

m27 said:
strongbowholic said:

Bum nuts mate.

The problem is, and this is just my opinion (although it might be shared by a fair few), is that Richards is not a footballer. He is an athlete who, having got to the position he is today, is not prepared to learn the nuances of the game itself. Of course he has ability, but I have been watching him for 4 seasons now and he is getting worse every time I see him. If he improves ten fold then it will only bring him back to how good he was when he was 17/18. What does that tell you?
Fair play. I get really frustrated with him and SWP and others at times, so I can see why you say that, but imho, I reckon he will come good. I just hope it will be with us.

strongbowholic said:
m27 said:
Fair play. I get really frustrated with him and SWP and others at times, so I can see why you say that, but imho, I reckon he will come good. I just hope it will be with us.

I hope you're right and as I've admitted, I have a problem with him so I focus on him and his weaknesses more than most. I don't want him to fail, but I just don't see why he will get any better.

nicko said:
my issue with him is he comes across as being thick as shit.

never in the right position, cannot read the game, gets on wrong side all the time. He has the ability and phsique to be a top player but is let down by being stupid

Yes, his positional know-how is none existent. What if it never gets any better?

m27 said:
strongbowholic said:

Bum nuts mate.

The problem is, and this is just my opinion (although it might be shared by a fair few), is that Richards is not a footballer.
I think that sums it up. He isn't a footballer. Full stop.

He impressed two seasons ago because of his athleticism and some last ditch tackles. We all said at the time that when he learns to play football then he will be some player. Well he doesn't seem to be learning. He needs to start soon

m27 said:
strongbowholic said:

I hope you're right and as I've admitted, I have a problem with him so I focus on him and his weaknesses more than most. I don't want him to fail, but I just don't see why he will get any better.

I'm the same I don't want any of our players to fail but Richards is struggling big time and at the moment he hasn't done enough to earn a new deal. We'll never look solid until we've solved this right back position. What get me about all this If so many City fans can see it surely Hughes and Bowen can.

citymad said:
m27 said:

I'm the same I don't want any of our players to fail but Richards is struggling big time and at the moment he hasn't done enough to earn a new deal. We'll never look solid until we've solved this right back position. What get me about all this If so many City fans can see it surely Hughes and Bowen can.

Don't worry, they can. When Zab's fit he will play. When January comes we will sign a new right back.

Prestwich_Blue said:
m27 said:
The problem is, and this is just my opinion (although it might be shared by a fair few), is that Richards is not a footballer.
I think that sums it up. He isn't a footballer. Full stop.

He impressed two seasons ago because of his athleticism and some last ditch tackles. We all said at the time that when he learns to play football then he will be some player. Well he doesn't seem to be learning. He needs to start soon

I agree and there lies the problem. As we all know you can't learn to play football. You can either play or you can't play. Richards was a schoolboy athlete who's been converted into a "footballer".

Its high time we give onouha a chance at right back . We don't attack through the right flank anyway. Onouha has always been brilliant whenever he's called upon , and its really not fair to keep him on the bench when richards is in such bad form. I hope onouha recovers soon and comes at RB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.