Richards, what has got into him?

I have noticed in our last 2 games that we tend to kick off and play the ball around and backwards.

Against Wigan this worked till we gave it to Richards and he did a pass to no one giving possession away after 12 seconds. Against Fulham, same thing happened, ball passed back, Richards aimless ball to no one, possession given away after 15 seconds. Sorry but as a Premiership footballer his positioning, passing and lack of awerness just isnt good enough.

Saying that, he isnt the only one to blame, both our fullbacks dont stop enough crosses coming into the box and our centre backs just dont seem to be able to cope with high balls into the box.

We always seems to have players tightly on us but other teams have the freedom of the pitch with little pressure put on them in the middle of the pitch.

Its not all doom though, still have Robbie to come back, January is soon on us for any improvements (world class striker please) and with luck our poor play of late is just down to the team needing to gel but player for player we should be beating teams like Fulham if we are serious about the top 4

citymad said:
What get me about all this If so many City fans can see it surely Hughes and Bowen can.
I have no doubt that a new right-back is at the very top of the New Year's shopping list.

Im not backing Richards here but, im sure if you were they youngest ever defènder to play for England, and you recieve god knows how much a week, you will start thinking 'am i that good?'
Also his confidence is low because he feels he needs to prove something (which he does) and he tries too much. Richards needs to concentrate more and read the game better. There is no doupt he is a good defender, he has just lost all confidence.

I dont think he is a right back. Teams get the most joy attacking us down the left when he plays. He is too stiff and struggles to concentrate for a whole match. He hardly ever pressures an attacking midfielder enough to make them make mistakes or win the ball off them. Basically he is'nt good enough.
Forget about the past or the 'Stevie Ireland' saga, the sad truth is he is'nt up to the high standard we need right now to progress us into a top 4 team and a team challenging for silverware.

We'll never win anything with Richards at right back. He's an awful footballer. I've always said this and finally people have seen what i thought from the beginning.

Bluebee2 said:
We'll never win anything with Richards at right back. He's an awful footballer. I've always said this and finally people have seen what i thought from the beginning.

well aren't you the footballing genius. If KK, Ericsson, Pearce and Hughes would've had your number it might have been a different story....

stonerblue said:
Bluebee2 said:

well aren't you the footballing genius. If KK, Ericsson, Pearce and Hughes would've had your number it might have been a different story....
I take no pleasure in Richards proving me right, i wish he'd turn into the best rightback in the world. When a lad that couldn't do 10 kick-ups gets to play for England anything can happen !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.