Richards, what has got into him?

I thought Micah did very little wrong today and I just cant understand why the Fans need a scapegoat all the time.

pips said:
i cant get into all this slagging micah richards off and blaming him every time we concede a goal i thought he had a decent game today certainly no worse than lescott and toure who were average at best . bridge was the stand out defender who is getting better by the game.

I agree the criticism is harsh but can't you at least understand peeps frustration with him ?

He's gone from wonderkid to average premier league defender in the space of just a year or so.

He's definitely lost a yard of pace.

I think there's a difference between where Ireland was before last season and where Richards is now.

I don't think anyone doubted that Ireland had ability and a football brain but they did doubt whether he had the mental toughness ot succeed at this level. His martial arts training sharpened him up mentally as well as physically and he came good.

Richards on the other hand, seems ot have no footballing brain at all. He doesn't seem to know where he needs to be or to understand how the play is building up. He is always reacting (usually too late) to events rather than anticipating them. There have been credible stories coming out of the club that Hughes has given up on him so we'll see what happens.

Freestyler said:
Micah Richards has just said on sky sports phone in, he is considering retiring from football after visiting bluemoon forum.

Oh thank god!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think there's a difference between where Ireland was before last season and where Richards is now.

I don't think anyone doubted that Ireland had ability and a football brain but they did doubt whether he had the mental toughness ot succeed at this level. His martial arts training sharpened him up mentally as well as physically and he came good.

Richards on the other hand, seems ot have no footballing brain at all. He doesn't seem to know where he needs to be or to understand how the play is building up. He is always reacting (usually too late) to events rather than anticipating them. There have been credible stories coming out of the club that Hughes has given up on him so we'll see what happens.

Nail on head. Couldn't agree more.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Good post.

Comparing Richards' case with Ireland's really doesn't wash.

He is the weak link in this team what i noticed today is that he doesnt make good angles for players to pass to him, and he has to wait until players point to where they want him to go. All the good teams have players who make angles for each other and run off the ball, look at arsenal they have 2 or 3 options everytime one of them have the ball. I for one would love to see zabaleta play on wednesday and from then on at right back because richards is not good enough and will never improve imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.