Richards

Leave the poor steroid baby alone, he may be built like a brick sh*t house but he's about 15 up top.

He just lacks a football brain at this point, and he's too much of a liability. I would give Zab a start.

Richard's is built for games against Stoke, or Blackburn where the opposition is slower and dumber than him. He's going to be beaten every time he plays against teams like villa or arsenal. Its high time we give Onouha a chance. This guy won't attack, but he'll do a hell of a job in defending

Does anyone know just what the story is with Ned this season?
Is he injured or what?
He was a close second for player of the season last season, now he just seems to dropped off the radar completely.

As someone touched on before he tucks inside way too much and allows their wide men too much space. It's a gift to someone like Giggs, who has a bag of tricks and a decent cross. He'll definitely be exploited more and more this season if Hughes sticks with him.

Going forward he seems to take on too much responsibility to me and seems to have it in his head that he's some kind of dribbling winger. It's a bit embarrassing for the lad, if I'm honest, because it's clear to most that he's not the brightest with the ball at his feet. He seems to be too eager to add new facets to his game without ever perfecting the old ones. As somebody else said, he needs to concentrate on defending and position himself in the right places before he decides to improve his dribbling skills.

I think by keeping him on Hughes is doing him no favours. It's fairly obvious to most that as it stands right now, he is the weak link in our team and that is why United deliberately exploited him. He needs a spell watching from the sidelines.

Richards got the talent but not in derby games.
I'm just wondering what was he thinking when he was questioning our defence with rags preparing to take the throw-in which resulted in our disarray and their early 1st goal. That did not demoralise our boys and they stood up.
Early in the second half, he similarly foul Giggs near the edge which I think wasn't a foul which warrants a free kick. Giggs throw the ball further from the "foul" spot to his favourite area which resulted in the early 2nd goal for the rags which our boys stood up to it again.
At one time quite similar to last season's derby, he was near the goal which he failed to tap in.
All the goals were scored in his half and it agreed it really makes Giggs and also Owen looked great.

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Richards seriously needs to be dropped/We really need to consider getting a new RB or giving Zab a extender run in that position, it is something he certainly deserves. Richards was totally at fault for the 1st and 4th goal (When Owen got the ball in that space I could not believe it and knew exactly what was coming). He always seems to switch off and get caught ball watching. He has also continued a lot of his bad habits from last season. We can't be sentimental about him.

BENCH HIM HUGHES!

jacko74 said:
Does anyone know just what the story is with Ned this season?
Is he injured or what?
He was a close second for player of the season last season, now he just seems to dropped off the radar completely.

I think he might be injured. Hughes must rate him as it was only 6 weeks or so ago he was coming and saying there's no way he's going to be part of the Lescott and he's one of our best young players.

If he's fit, Onuoha's a CB, he started off at RB remember, and despite his pace, I think he gets caught out there, quite like Richards did when he was at CB, not his natural position. I'd take a gamble, and i'd either play Zaba at RB, or play SWP at RB, Weiss at RWM, with Zaba in the mid instead of Ireland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.