Richards

any fullback who gets taken to the cleaners and ripped a new asshole by ryan twatting giggs needs replacing.

simple.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Project said:
Just a note - Richards was in the centre for the freekick as you would expect given his aerial ability. In a set piece I am not sure he would be marking Owen when Vidic, Rio, O'Shea, Valencia etc are in the box.
Fine for the free kick but after it had been knocked out he had to be aware of what was happening and spot Owen move into his key defensive area. BUT he didn't and at the same time SWP and Ireland were strangely thinking of forward movement rather than keeping together as a unit. 3 key players switched off and we paid big time.

It was 2 of the same 3 who switched offf for the first goal as well!

It was still the same play - just because we headed it out about 10 yards doesn't mean you rush into your normal position. The United threats were still around the box.

I thought Richards was poor yesterday but I can't blame him for that last goal if Owen wasn't his man to mark.

living on a few decent games a few years back when he was going to be England's RB for the next decade, and he needs to sort his head out and knuckle down. To be a bit harsh, he lost us (along with that cheating c#nt Atkinson!) the derby yesterday...seemed to be more interested in having a pop at Toure for the first than realising that there was a chance of an attack from a quick throw in. Defensively he's inept, and as for attacking he thinks he's glen johnson but in reality more akin to bambi!
Time for him to either buck up or fuck off!

Brucie Bonus said:
How much longer? He's not to blame for yesterday, but he really is poor. Wigan awaits.
for first goal yes he was, and the last was marking grass instead of owen

Is he officially the new scapegoat then or do we have to wait for his next poor performance?

He was shown up yesterday, which happens sometiems even to the best fullbacks in the World, but has been much improved so far this season. Hopefully he'll learn from the mistakes he made and carry on his improvement this season.

All four goals came down the right.
The SWP and Richard's partnership is no good defensively.
one element must be changed Richards is obvious but have a more defensive Right midfielder would help as well.
With Bellemy on the left Bridge looks a much better player than when Robbie is playing because he gets more cover.

pee dubya said:
Is he officially the new scapegoat then or do we have to wait for his next poor performance?

He was shown up yesterday, which happens sometiems even to the best fullbacks in the World, but has been much improved so far this season. Hopefully he'll learn from the mistakes he made and carry on his improvement this season.
much improved this season??? what games have you been watching???

johnny on the spot said:
Richards' game has been wank for yonks. He is not a good footballer.

This^^^^^

And I hate to say it but I don't think he's got a future at the top.

As a matter of interest, have we got a defensive coach?

u2fme2 said:
pee dubya said:

much improved this season??? what games have you been watching???

All of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.