Richards

Richards has been poor for a long time in my opinion. He's too muscle-bound to be a good athlete and has nowhere near fulfilled the promise he showed two or three years ago. We definately need a change at RB and the sooner the better.

not good enough on his current form.
said it a few weeks back that he needs to be benched, give zab or ned there chance,
then micah might get the kick up the arse he needs.

I don't know if anyone else noticed. But there was several times during the game when we had the ball, either in defence or midfield. Richards would be all alone screaming for the ball and it was never delivered to him. I believe our own playeres know he's a liability on the ball. Many times the players, (Toure, SWP, Ireland, Lescott et,al) decided not to pass to Richards and opted to any other route.

I thought it was very noticeable. But then I'm really not a Richards fan.

I also believe one of the reasons Hughes allows Richards to start on a regular basis is to give him an opportunity to covert the England RB position in time for the world cup. Just my opinions.

CTID

tbh i think that we are all a little protective of our home grown talent and are more patient with there play than if it was someone we brought in.

Really hate to say this but I think Richards needs some time out of the team. I feel he's got the ability but he lacks concentration at crucial moments. Just look at the 1st & 4th goals for the rags. He switches off and is not aware of the movement of the players he should be picking up.

Time to bring in Onuoha or Zab at right back and let the coaches work on Richards positional play and somehow ensuring that he concentrates 100% of the time. It can be conquered as I think David James used to suffer from the same lapses in the early days in his career.

It's his lack of positional sense that worries me most. I know he's young, but he's had enough experience to develop this if it were going to happen and he hasn't, has he?

Another problem, which applies to some other players, too, is that he is too desperate to be among the goals and is so slow to get back after trying for one. It seems as if he spends himself attacking and is then too knackered to tackle! He could lose some muscle too; it's heavy stuff.

We've got enough attacking players, he must stick to his defensive job. I'd put Ned in.

I've never rated Richards over Zabba for RB. Even when Zab was first settling in and some mongs were crying about Zabba getting skinned once or twice it was obvious to me he was twice the footballer of Richards. Zab may not be as quick or strong as Micah but he knows what his defensive responsibilities are, he busts his balls to get back when caught upfield and can actually pass the ball to someone in a blue shirt.

With his strength, pace and aerial ability Micah's best position is CB IF he can learn to concentrate and get his positioning right, working on his distribution might help a bit also....... I lost count today of the number of times he was ball-watching vs. Giggs, Giggs would pass it to Evra who was being tracked by SWP, Micah would chase the ball to Evra and then Evra just cut out both SWP and Micah by passing it back to Giggs who was now unmarked.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised when Kompany is fit to see Toure start a few games in the RB position (I'm pretty sure he's played there for Arsenal in the past) with Kompany slotting into Toure's spot in the middle. Not guaranteed obviously but it would be interesting to see that back 4 line-up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.