Richards

He's still learning,hes only 21..give micah a break judge him by christmas time.
all the players were asleep yesterday...so confident in their own ability that they allowed the scum to act quickly and find gaps and weaknesses in our defence.

u2fme2 said:
pee dubya said:
Is he officially the new scapegoat then or do we have to wait for his next poor performance?

He was shown up yesterday, which happens sometiems even to the best fullbacks in the World, but has been much improved so far this season. Hopefully he'll learn from the mistakes he made and carry on his improvement this season.
much improved this season??? what games have you been watching???

I've watched all of them too.
The team around Richards has improved but he hasn't.
What's all this standing five or six yards off an opponent who's got the ball about?

For me he still looks too heavy, so he can't get up and down the line.
He has no positional sense.
He gives his opponents too much space
He struggles to pass the ball

We just need a solid right back. He doesn't need to be a world beater as he'll have SWP or Weiss playing in front of him.

richards has never been the same since he signed his contract,i dont like to slag our players off but you have to be honest and look at the situation and zableta is a miles better right back!he sticks tight to his man and doesnt give them anytime richards looks un fit and just points at people and gives them 2 much space!!in fact sun je hi is better than him!!!!ok then not quite!!!anyway hughesey sort it out and please get rid of benjani he is the worse forward ive seen god rednapp got defoe for the same price!!!

We've got to ask this question 'Is Richards good enough to compete at the level we are aiming for?'

IMO its a resounding no. He's not good enough technically and seems to lack concentration, case in point when he left Owen on his own to score.

I would like to see Ned given a run out at right back. Hes a better defender

u2fme2 said:
hope your reading this forum richards because you need to start taking notice and quick. Ireland i know you do point him in this direction or better still to the
door marked exit. because i woke up this morning at 6 and my stomach is still turning over, over is fucking shocking marking for owens goal

Quote from a genuine supporter. I know exactly what you mean Blue,you get that feeling like your bird has left you for you best mate, Giggs had all the time in the world in the world to roll the ball to an unmarked owen.
Crimina marking

pee dubya said:
Is he officially the new scapegoat then or do we have to wait for his next poor performance?

He was shown up yesterday, which happens sometiems even to the best fullbacks in the World, but has been much improved so far this season. Hopefully he'll learn from the mistakes he made and carry on his improvement this season.

Well said. Micah wasn't alone in mistake-making yesterday. All the other defenders had significant lapses, including Shay.

Ireland was partly to blame for the 4th goal. When the ball is headed clear he scampers upfield leaving the rag unmarked to play the pass to Owen. He realises his mistake too late.

Richards is a shockingly poor footballer though.

I think everyone is missing the point on this injury time issue. its not about the goal celebration, subs etc - its about where the FIRST 4 mins came from. the referee has been appauded for letting the game flow - so why 4 mins? tis is the scandalous part.

richard - new member

I tried to understand why Mark Hughes has continued to support Richards and if we look at the team so many of old fans favourite players our gone .This has all happened very quickly and only Richards and Ireland are a link of the past to the growing blue supporters. By leaving Richards in he gives something to the supporters of days of pain and suffering.The player is only a short term fix till Jan 2010 when we will buy a big named replacement along with Yana Toure giving the defence its final face lift . There will around 18games to win the title as the end product will go unbeaten to glory .Only the new team remembered ...Mark Hughes dripping in praise along with the team.....with Richards long gone ..maybe to help Richard Dunne............Long live THE NEW TEAM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.