Richards

Fairly damning comment on Richards in the Sunday Times. Refers to an allegeged discussion with Vieira. Apparently Vieira asked him what his ambitions are, he replied that he wanted to a regular for City, win things and play for England. Vieira looked at him with undisguised incredulity and said "Really, then why you are always last on the training pitch and first off it?".

cibaman said:
Fairly damning comment on Richards in the Sunday Times. Refers to an allegeged discussion with Vieira. Apparently Vieira asked him what his ambitions are, he replied that he wanted to a regular for City, win things and play for England. Vieira looked at him with undisguised incredulity and said "Really, then why you are always last on the training pitch and first off it?".

ha ha sounds like good old richards!

gboter said:
cibaman said:

Two things..

One where is this quote? I would like to see it.

Two this is why Vieira is here, To kick certain players in the ass. He has the pedigree to say things and be respected. If he takes up a 25 man spot so be it. We will have 2 or 3 players under 21 so our roster will be 28 or so anyways.

okstate99 said:
gboter said:

Two things..

Two this is why Vieira is here, To kick certain players in the ass. He has the pedigree to say things and be respected. If he takes up a 25 man spot so be it. We will have 2 or 3 players under 21 so our roster will be 28 or so anyways.

I've thrown away the paper so sorry cant direct you to the quote. It was at the end of a very long post mortem about England. The reporter was discussing the likelihood of England bringing in younger players and used Micah as an example of very promising players who fail to live up to their potential.

milestone said:
sboroMCFC said:
With the right coaching Micah could be a world class centre back. It's just a shame everyone is so eager to write him off and sell him.

agreed..
I'll third that. Are we saying that our coaching staff are not up to it?

If so, it's serious.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 am --<br /><br />
okstate99 said:
gboter said:

Two things..

Hardly a replecement for proper coaching.

Tez Tosterone said:
milestone said:
I'll third that. Are we saying that our coaching staff are not up to it?

If so, it's serious.

-- Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 am --

okstate99 said:
Two things..

Hardly a replecement for proper coaching.

Some times its better than coaching. Hearing it from a player is different than hearing it from a coach.

It was the last part of the Jonathon Norcroft article in the Times.

Richards wont play for City again. The likes of Richards and Neddy are indications of the deep routed problems with young England players. Athletes not footballers.

Both are U21 regulars and great athletes, yet have ball control worse than you will see on a Sunday park. They both treat the ball like a hot King Eddy, and as someone said recently, watching them both move forward with the ball is like watching a dog chasing a balloon.

Its its true well done Viera, its worth paying him £90k to sit on the bench if he can actaullay motivate some of our lazy players witht he wrong sort of attitude, Richards and Johnson being the prime suspsects.

Having won the World cup and pretty much everything else in football at least he knows what he is talking about.

Alan_Is_A_Blue said:
Just been in the city store in the arndale. Was looking through some shirts and noticed Bridge's new number is 2.

Micah on his way out i wonder?

I was in there this weekend too, saw a tall black man with dreadlocks who looked awfully like a footballer many of us know ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.