Rishi Sunak

so Vallance, Whitty and now van Tam have all confirmed that Sunak and Johnson have lied and that they were never consulted over Eat Out To Help Out. All of them have said it was a stupid idea.
The rat avoided the questions about it in PMQs earlier.

I was brought up with the belief that actions can have consequences.

If it was up to me I'd order criminal proceedings against anyone found to be culpable in the needless death of citizens. It's up there with treason and should be treated accordingly.

However we seem to live in a society run by narcacissts and sociopaths and that's a scary path to be on.

so Vallance, Whitty and now van Tam have all confirmed that Sunak and Johnson have lied and that they were never consulted over Eat Out To Help Out. All of them have said it was a stupid idea.
I reckon, as a percentage, the amount of fraud associated with Eat Out to Help Out was the greatest in relation to Covid schemes and possibly any in UK history. Widespread piss taking going on.

I was brought up with the belief that actions can have consequences.

If it was up to me I'd order criminal proceedings against anyone found to be culpable in the needless death of citizens. It's up there with treason and should be treated accordingly.

However we seem to live in a society run by narcacissts and sociopaths and that's a scary path to be on.

The problem would be finding anyone culpable of it as there is enough distance between decision and outcome to absolve individuals at the top of the decision making.

Take people discharged to care homes with covid. People died as a result. The directive from NHS England (probably via the health department) was to free up the hospital beds for the medically fit. In practice what happened was hospitals were testing a patient but they were being discharged before the results (took 3 days back then) were back - by then too late. NHS England would say well how our directive was implemented was down to the individual hospitals, the government would say how our directive was implemented was down to NHS England and if that failed to get them off the hook they’d simply say at the time we needed to clear hospitals was we didn’t know how the virus would spread. At best you’d end up with some poor CEO of a hospital serving time. That’s not justice.

We pay these people to make fundamental decisions for the country as a whole but when was the last time we heard one of them take responsibility without it being dragged out of them kicking and screaming?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.