Rishi Sunak

Agreed but Starmer is a good orator but have my doubts because he threw Thatchers name into the mix, without needing to and gave the media something to talk about. He can’t afford to be careless with words in the run up to GE
The ‘Thatcher’ name drop was very much planned and there to gain favour with the middle of the road Tory. He stated that he didn’t agree with her policies but agreed that she was one of three who actually brought about change.

Labour will probably need that middle of the road vote to get a majority so it’s no surprise that it happened.

He didn’t have to drop her name into the mix there have been some decent Tories before her who managed to make progress without ripping up everything previous generations had worked hard for.
Thatcher is still regarded with hatred her name is a dirty word in communities up and down the UK. Starmer will appeal to middle of the road community purely because he can comb his hair and look smart.

Agreed but Starmer is a good orator but have my doubts because he threw Thatchers name into the mix, without needing to and gave the media something to talk about. He can’t afford to be careless with words in the run up to GE
He’s alright for me because he’s sensible and intelligent and a remainer. The Thatcher comment didn’t bother me. But after him Cooper would be perfect I think.

He didn’t have to drop her name into the mix there have been some decent Tories before her who managed to make progress without ripping up everything previous generations had worked hard for.
Thatcher is still regarded with hatred her name is a dirty word in communities up and down the UK. Starmer will appeal to middle of the road community purely because he can comb his hair and look smart.
Can I assume that was a reply to my comment?

No, he didn’t have to but the data crunching would have told them that if they get so many onside then it’s of benefit to the overall total.

I was surprised when he said it but soon realised that the certain media had misrepresented his comment.

Pretty sure every Labour leader since Blair, apart from Corbyn obviously, has made a positive comment about Thatcher.

You need to to try and win over swing voters.

Can I assume that was a reply to my comment?

No, he didn’t have to but the data crunching would have told them that if they get so many onside then it’s of benefit to the overall total.

I was surprised when he said it but soon realised that the certain media had misrepresented his comment

That’s what the media do successfully twist what Labour say looking for the slightest aberration Thatcher is still a swear word and people presenting the news are part of the problem almost sure to be paid well compared to Labours traditional vote haul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.