Rishi Sunak

Up in front of the Liaison committee - this may be awkward.

Concern about Cameron not being available as much: "but Labour had 1-2" - I bet they weren't one of the 'great offices' though.

was cutting the aid budget right?

"well the Commons passed it"
"what I'd like to know is what the Labour party think" - yes, really. This is the committee heads he's talking to.

And now he's arguing that he's not making a policy statement. He is making a policy statement.

Talking time out again... and he almost succeeded in doing it on the 2nd person. Happily the chair relented.
"it's the PM's fault for not answering my questions" is blunt!

He's annoyed the Home Affairs chair by not answering questions.
How is removing the asylum backlog going? "the year's not over yet"
You don't have any planes for Rwanda? "I'm confident it'll happen"

Comparing the returns agreement with Albania with the Rwanda policy, claiming it's a deterrent.
Hillier (Public Accounts Chair)... this could be TETCHY!

Ouch, that was messy. Hillier did not like false comparisons one bit. The obfuscation made Sunak pretty much say that it was a matter of scale that the extra 100m+ for Rwanda was kept quiet. Annoying the PAC is dumb dumb politics.

Managed two mins and wanted to kick the tv in , he is so fucking false and out of his depth as well as unelected !

I had a half-hour break which helped.
Gone back and he's talking about Gordon Brown having introduced something that Sunak wants to talk about, and getting argumentative about.

The Liaison committee hated Johnson's waffle and carelessness, and they'll hate this just as much. He's annoying nearly all of them, and getting very party-political.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.