Rishi Sunak

I'm no activist. It just makes my blood boil when men pontificate about what women should be prepared to accept.

Whilst I get this, imagine how trans people feel with the pontification about them, they’re all either rapists or changing their gender to be better at sports…

Any societal fix has to come from a starting point of empathy, think there’s a lot of people on all sides of the debate a long way away from that at the mo.

It has an impact on me, as a woman.

I don't care to be called "a woman who menstruates" or anything similar. I'm a woman---an adult human female. I'm not some sub category.
I don't (and won't) want to have to insert my preferred pronoun on my signature email at work. I'm a woman. That's it.

I don't want to have biological men competing in sports against my female counterparts. It's unfair and ridiculous.
I don't want biological men telling me I'm a bigot because I don't accept they are the same as me.

I don't want to share the same toilet as a biological man.

I don't want to impede any other persons way of living, but I'm damn sure they shouldn't be allowed to impede on mine either.

Wouldn’t it be inaccurate to use the label ‘a woman who menstruates’ given the amount of women who do not? Does saying this make me a smart arse? Probably.

I know I’m male because I just am. It’s like at the core of my being. I can’t imagine being female, because I’m not. So, isn’t the idea of who we are rooted in our brains on a primal level? And if our physical being matches our inner being (for want of a better description) then fine. And if doesn’t then there is an issue.

Do we have a right to demand that a physical male or female be forever in that form irrespective of their inner being?

Equally, I can see how women get pissed off at having to compromise and cede to ‘men’ yet again. I probably don’t agree they are compromising, but I’m a man so I have no real idea of what it’s like from a woman’s perspective. I may see it, but I don’t feel it because I haven’t lived it.

Yeah, I‘m all over the place on this issue.

some dorky mare on Sky News just saying Sunak was ok to say what he said because he was unaware but FFS Starmer said Esther Ghey was in the building. Seems Sunak "didn't hear it" ........ we face a GE where a useless PM will conduct a campaign via the means of flip chart TV and social media presentations. Laughable and doomed to total failure

some dorky mare on Sky News just saying Sunak was ok to say what he said because he was unaware but FFS Starmer said Esther Ghey was in the building. Seems Sunak "didn't hear it" ........ we face a GE where a useless PM will conduct a campaign via the means of flip chart TV and social media presentations. Laughable and doomed to total failure
Are you saying that they are going to fail once again while waiting time on delivering what they’ve already failed on?

Sunak couldn't give a shit. - "No shit Sherlock" I hear you say.
He'll piss off after the next election unless the result isn't anywhere near as bad as most expect. Calling an early GE will cast doubts on his judgement if they get shafted, but allowing the parliament to run its course means he can't be blamed for the timing.

Sunak couldn't give a shit. - "No shit Sherlock" I hear you say.
He'll piss off after the next election unless the result isn't anywhere near as bad as most expect. Calling an early GE will cast doubts on his judgement if they get shafted, but allowing the parliament to run its course means he can't be blamed for the timing.

It'll be interesting to see how long he stays around.
Presumably he's going to stand, and likely get elected. Is he then going to resign a few months later when he's replaced as leader?

It'll be interesting to see how long he stays around.
Presumably he's going to stand, and likely get elected. Is he then going to resign a few months later when he's replaced as leader?
Can't see him leading the shadow cabinet unless there is a planned time-bomb crisis that will derail the incoming government. He doesn't need the money but might hang around if he still has some degree of influence/power.

Can't see him leading the shadow cabinet unless there is a planned time-bomb crisis that will derail the incoming government. He doesn't need the money but might hang around if he still has some degree of influence/power.

Me neither.
If they're down at about 150, they'll change leader and the pool to choose from will be small.
Resign and parachute someone in to the seat? That Johnson bloke will be waiting for the call.

Me neither.
If they're down at about 150, they'll change leader and the pool to choose from will be small.
Resign and parachute someone in to the seat? That Johnson bloke will be waiting for the call.
Fronting up a proven liar as your party leader would give Starmer et al a field day.

As we know though, the Tories don't give a shit or have any shame, so you're probably right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.