Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was mostly crap today.

Yes, I know he got the goal that made it comfortable, and took a good corner - and that's massively important and writes him into the history books when we remember this title - but he was terrible for almost every other minute of the game and looked like it was the first day in the team. He still looks lost.

That performance will do nothing to make him get picked again, Pep doesn't care about hitting one in from 30 yards once a season, he cares about everything else.

He looks no closer to fitting in then he did on the day he arrived, I don't know how he's going to fix that over the summer, but he has to, because next year we probably won't get so lucky with injuries to the front 3.
Sorry but I completely disagree. He was brilliant today. Tracking back, winning the ball, driving into the area. What more do you want?

Yes, I know he got the goal that made it comfortable, and took a good corner - and that's massively important and writes him into the history books when we remember this title - but he was terrible for almost every other minute of the game and looked like it was the first day in the team. He still looks lost.

That performance will do nothing to make him get picked again, Pep doesn't care about hitting one in from 30 yards once a season, he cares about everything else.

He looks no closer to fitting in then he did on the day he arrived, I don't know how he's going to fix that over the summer, but he has to, because next year we probably won't get so lucky with injuries to the front 3.
Worked hard both offensively and defensively. Oh and he won us the title with an assist and a goal. Shite performance

He was better than Sterling for me. He held the ball well, keeping possession, he worked hard, got an assist and a goal. I know there is a lot of room for improvement especially taking his full backs on rather than cutting to his left foot but I honestly can't think of more than 2 people that did better. Our defenders were fantastic but I wouldn't give them marks above Mahrez when they had precious little to do.

The number of our players who had meh first seasons and went on to be greats just makes that idea that he wouldn't do well with us sound very funny.

Worked hard both offensively and defensively. Oh and he won us the title with an assist and a goal. Shite performance

Yes. A bad performance. Commentators knew it, fans knew it, journalists reporting the game knew it, but because he scored a goal, you've completely forgotten everything else.

Guardiola won't forget the disjointed performance because he scored a goal. He's got miles to go before he's even competing for a starting XI spot.

Yes. A bad performance. Commentators knew it, fans knew it, journalists reporting the game knew it, but because he scored a goal, you've completely forgotten everything else.
You have to do more than say he had a bad performance. In what way(s) did he have a bad game?

You have to do more than say he had a bad performance. In what way(s) did he have a bad game?

He slowed things down at the wrong times, he chose the wrong passing options on the ball, he seems to be in positions his teammates don't expect him to be in, he lost the ball at least half a dozen times.

He won't start the cup final, and he's still miles away from threatening a starting position. Hopefully that'll happen over the summer, because we really could do with another POTY calibre player, but it's hard to see.

He slowed things down at the wrong times, he chose the wrong passing options on the ball, he seems to be in positions his teammates don't expect him to be in, he lost the ball at least half a dozen times.

He won't start the cup final, and he's still miles away from threatening a starting position. Hopefully that'll happen over the summer, because we really could do with another POTY calibre player, but it's hard to see.
Slowed thing down at the wrong times how? Were those times counter attacks or what makes them the wrong times? Bear in mind that Brighton defended so deep sometimes with 11 men. Most of our players were just passing to themselves in those times whilst looking for openings. He did not loose the ball as much as you make out. In fact I think this is one reason why he gets starts ahead of Sane (which I personally do not like). He doesn't loose the all perhaps because he doesn't try to take too much risks. I know he was a bit selfish in a couple of situations but that's about it really.

Hard to see him do well with us? Bernado says hi!

As I mentioned earlier I cant think of two players that performed better than him today. Just imagine if he steps it up one more gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.