Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if he throws in a few runs on the outside of the left back, he'll become a whole new level of dangerous. At the moment his desire to cut onto his left is almost dogmatic, his whole body and stance is geared to cutting in, i dont think i've seen him go back outside yet.

he was ok yesterday, really tidy assist for Aguero
I take it you didn’t watch the Shakhtar at home game last week then?

He had a patchy start to begin with which is understandable due to the different demands and the intensity of playing for Guardiola but he's come on leaps and bounds within the last month or so. So glad he had arguably his best game in a City shirt against Burnley after his penalty miss against the dippers. Felt he was at risk of becoming the whipping boy (almost like Gundogan has become to some people) due to him only being at the club for a short time. He's allowed Bernardo to play more centrally as well this season which has been a big plus. The guy defiantly belongs here.

i think if he throws in a few runs on the outside of the left back, he'll become a whole new level of dangerous. At the moment his desire to cut onto his left is almost dogmatic, his whole body and stance is geared to cutting in, i dont think i've seen him go back outside yet.

he was ok yesterday, really tidy assist for Aguero

I agree with this but he has been going outside recently.

He did ok v the rags but he did lapse back into always coming inside, which makes the job of the fullback much easier. If he goes outside successfully just a couple of times, he has effectively won his battle v the fullback because the bloke then can't commit to either side & has to wait & see what Mahrez does, so he gets an extra yard of space.

Still did his bit though.

actually you have got me there, 1st game i missed, did he play a lot on the outside?
The first goal for Silva was Riyad feigning to cut back onto left before going round the other way and low cross for the tap in.

That wasn't my question. It's clear the Togo player Palmed the ball in. Was the ball going out of play before the Togo defender touched it?
you said it looked like the ball was going out, my reply was 'it was'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.