Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting better and better. Fights for the ball. He can create, score, assist, silky dribble. Thought he was the best player on the field.

My only concern with Mahrez is how we are going to fit him and Raz / Sane in to the team on a regular basis. They are all top class.

My only concern with Mahrez is how we are going to fit him and Raz / Sane in to the team on a regular basis. They are all top class.
There are so many players we have this problem with. It seems like everyone on our bench (plus a few who can't even make our bench) is top class.

Last edited:
There are so many players we have this problem with. It seems like everyone on our bench (plus a few who can't even make our bench) are top class.

Last night we had 2 Brazilian internationals, one started one of the bench. Both played well and Jesus got a hat trick. They will both in all likelihood get dropped for Sunday. Crazy times.

I have a sneaky suspicion next year that Mahrez will make the same central midfield transition as Bernardo. He was being used there in pre-season and he's got a creative streak that I'd wager Pep might feel is wasted out there.

I have a sneaky suspicion next year that Mahrez will make the same central midfield transition as Bernardo. He was being used there in pre-season and he's got a creative streak that I'd wager Pep might feel is wasted out there.
Mahrez is indeed capable of playing CM. But we have a huge log-jam of talent there. For me, Mahrez will continue to play right wing for the most part where he also excels, but may fill in from time to time at CM given injury/rotational considerations.

Unlike Bernardo, Mahrez is excellent on the wing.

He's still in the incubation phase.

This is like Sané circa December 2016 and Bernardo the season before, where they start to play really well and cohesively, but there's so much more to come.

I think by January we'll be getting POTY quality performances from him.
I'd argue that he is ahead of where both Bernardo and Leroy were 3 months into their City career to be honest. I don't think we saw anything at all from Sane until the January (might have been the Arsenal game). He's been excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.