Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too ponderous in moments he needs to be more direct, still early days of course but IMHO he has thus far not fulfilled the lofty expectations of a 67M signing. His stats are respectable and more or less in line with the level he had at Leicester but no question there was a belief that we would see the player raise the level considering the quality of his teammates and the system

I wonder if Pep intends to try him out centrally in midfield since he is otherwise best in that right forward position that should be occupied by Sterling

Can’t believe people are critical of Mahrez.he has come from being leicesters’s focal point, expected to produce something out of nothing, get on the ball as much as possible and score winners, to a team where he is not even guaranteed a start, playing one tough football, based on helping anyone score for the team.i think he is still fitting in, and like sterling, Bernardo and Sané we will see his best in second season. Great buy in my opinion.

He brings us variety & is working hard without the ball.

Some games it comes off for him, others it doesn't. That's exactly how it is with that kind of player. He could easily have been our most effective midfielder today, with a bit of good fortune. Kept Everton players on their toes looking after him.

He's a good player, one we needed and is doing well. Not as a good or certainly doesn't suit our style as much as Sane and Sterling but those 2 are probably the 2 best wingers in Europe at the moment. Bit like with Gundogan he's a very good player but no Kev or David. Not his fault and you need a decent squad to challenge on all fronts.

Decent game against Everton but we need to start involving him more in the final third. Sterling, Jesus and particularly Aguero seem to look for him only as a last resort even when the right is wide open with Mahrez the obvious choice.

Needs to think much quicker because right now he slows us down and releases the pass too late.

He’s pissing me off, stevie wonder could read him at present

More direct and have a go at the fullback on the outside once in a while, the one time he did yesterday drew a foul and a card, yet he let him off for the remainder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.