Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guilty of being a bit too selfish last night,a case of trying too hard against his former club i guess.

A fantastic player and option,regardless.

Not sure if it's because I wanted a "project" player like Leon Bailey or Justin kluivert, but mahrez does nothing for me. He doesn't seem to fit, I will always back him and all players but I find him underwhelming. He is a very good player just not what I enjoy.

Frustrating performance from Mahrez and it is not quite happening for him at the moment.

Can't see him learning to have the explosive pace of the other 2 that make us so effective. He's good but should only be back up to our 2 superstar wingers.

His lack of that explosive burst of speed means he cant play in a similar way as Sane and Sterling to score the archetypal City goal(take defender on to get behind defence and play low ball across the box for someone to tap in). Mahrez however is a better passer than both and I think he should play more like a 10, he should make risky through balls and passes from the wing-which he isnt doing currently.

He doesn't have a quick short passing game. He always either has to take a touch and cut back, stop while he looks if he can cross it into the box or tries to take too many touches and go round a player. 90% of the time in this team all you need to do either take a touch and pop it off or not even take a touch and pop it off first time. He's not suiting us at all at the moment and was really poor last night in the things he usually does quite well at.

He doesn't have a quick short passing game. He always either has to take a touch and cut back, stop while he looks if he can cross it into the box or tries to take too many touches and go round a player. 90% of the time in this team all you need to do either take a touch and pop it off or not even take a touch and pop it off first time. He's not suiting us at all at the moment and was really poor last night in the things he usually does quite well at.

What about that pass to KDB...

Thanks once again Karen for your great input and discussion on this forum.

Mahrez as domalino says is playing for himself. He needs to put the team first, too many times he's choosing selfish options.
Thanks you for being a patronising git
He has come from a team who play totally different football where he was the main man,some players have taken a season to learn he has been here since august,hence the do people never learn to have patience,no-one is shit and get rid until they pep thinks they can't learn

What about that pass to KDB...

That one was awsome!
His left foot is phenomenal.

I think he had loads of open space in front of him playing for Leicester/Vardy,
now he has to do find the small gap, in a different position.

He will get used to it.
I think he should concentrate to deliver assists instead of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.