Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too one footed and too much of a mixster for me, he needs to add a bit more to his game.

We have had other players who have taken a season to come good but on tonight's showing I would have Diaz as Sterlings deputy on the right.

I think the difference for me is that when I saw Bernardo or Sané taking a while to get up to speed they were trying to do the right things but just not executing it properly or being a bit overwhelmed with the instructions and being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With Mahrez, I'm just not sure he's bought into the team ethos yet. He's playing like an individual trying to get the big moment in a team where everyone else sacrifices their individuality for the good of the team.

Sané could take hopeful shots from acute angles every time he gets behind the defence and score 1 or 2 a season, but instead he gets it across the box for someone to get a tap in, which is why he's got 23 assists in the league since the start of last season.

Been here 2 mins,give him chance to learn,do people never learn

Can't see him learning to have the explosive pace of the other 2 that make us so effective. He's good but should only be back up to our 2 superstar wingers.

He doesn’t strike me as a particularly good team player but it’s too soon to write him off at this juncture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.