Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's absolutely no hint that Mahrez has moaned at all because there's not a single quote of him saying anything in that article nor anyone else saying that Mahrez has said something. The title of the article doesn't correlate to the content as the content just talks about Guardiola.

What i will say is this though: Mahrez has looked every part a £25m squad player this season!

He's done next to nothing to make it look like he's our club record signing.

When we signed Kun for £35m he was 23, had never played in the Prem before and had Tevez Džeko and Balotelli in contention for two places every week. He relished the challenge and scored 30 goals. Mahrez is 27 and has played in the Prem for four previous years to this season, he's got no excuses.

There was a moment in the derby, around the hour mark, where United broke down our left and Fernandinho ran over to Mahrez and pulled him up by the back of his shirt and shouted something at him as if to say "pull your fucking finger out you lazy ****!"... within a few minutes he was off and Leroy came on.

Come on Riyad, lad, show us what you're made of you meek French fucker!
There was suggestions as you pointed out Fernny yanked him up and shouting at him,
Some say as you quoted,but mostly what i heard was,you don,t play for LCFC anymore but MCFC so get the Fk-up..

What does he hope to achieve by complaining. He should have known when joining that he would not get the amount of play time he did at Leicester. He could be trying to give Pep a play me or sell me ultimatum. If we put him up for sale though who will buy him. The only way he can leave is if we take a hit on the transfer fee & he takes a drop in wages. I don't think either are likely.

Berny
Sane
Ferny
And to a point KDB

all came from other leagues and were settling into a new country, Mahrez is used to the Prem and has the skill and ability to adapt to our playing style, he hasn't had to move house or vastly change his lifestyle so the comparrisons are not there as much.

Btw I am not partuculary unhappy with him tbf, but at present he is rightly 4th choice wide man.
Maybe, Sterling took time, so did Stones, though I am not sure they're comparable. But I do think most players take a season before they've fitted or settled into the squad.

Pep seems to give them a season before making real expectations of them, maybe not always, but next year will be telling with Mahrez.

Good. We should want players that are unhappy to be on the bench. As long as he channels his frustration into working harder to get back on the pitch, all good by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.