Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

I can't believe that this man is still debated.

If City made a msitake sacking him, it was taking a year too long.

Since then he's had 2 jobs, with little success in either, and that doesn't include the awful season in which he did finally get sacked from us, a season that apparantly was everyone elses fault but his.

Its time some people stopped crying over the man.

It was hardly an awful season. We would have finished on 81 points, reached a cup final (which we dont know if the turmoil affected the players) and won at places like Old Trafford and Arsenal.

Not sure anyone is crying or anyone would want Bobby over Pep. Just remembering the guy fondly.

After his text earlier his head probably agrees , think I was supposed to chat up some trolley dollies for him but BG's put a no wags or milf's restriction on me, wouldn't mind but she's sunning herself chatting up Young Spanish waiters :-)

Yeah like she gives a shit what you do when she has Pedro sorting out 'Sangria' for her!! ;-p

Thanks for the info, very informative. I was not aware of the relevance in relation to wages. I will have to look at Pep confidential again as it inferred that he turned us down in 2012 (that is how I remember it) rather than the club choosing to stick with Bobby based on possible poor publicity.

Either way the most important thing is the future and the fact that Peps arrival should end any longstanding divisions at the club. I doubt there has ever been a management apointment in the history of the club more universally welcomed.

I thought Pep chose Bayern as a logical step to bridge coming over to the Prem, as well. I think CFG wanted him to come after Barca, but that would have been suicidal, especially after taking a sabbatical. He's a smart man.

If he fails to make inroads at this point, it won't affect him mentally as much as if he'd have failed after Barca.

He was right to wait, get himself together and be ready for the Test as he won't get tested anywhere else in the world like the Prem.

And before anyone gets their knicks in a twist, we're talking pace, power, amount of teams challenging, managers to face as well no winter break.

That's what we mean by the Prem being intense.

Our foreign friends misconstrue this to be arrogance.

Not sure anyone is crying or anyone would want Bobby over Pep. Just remembering the guy fondly.

Yep. Me too. And I certainly don't think his last season with us was 'awful'. It wasn't the best, absolutely not, but it wasn't the worst either. Bobby put us on the pedestal along with the giants of the game and for that I'll always love the man.
Yes, being able to spend money was definitely a help, but would money have made things better under Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Stuart Pearce etc? I don't think so.

Yep. Me too. And I certainly don't think his last season with us was 'awful'. It wasn't the best, absolutely not, but it wasn't the worst either. Bobby put us on the pedestal along with the giants of the game and for that I'll always love the man.
Yes, being able to spend money was definitely a help, but would money have made things better under Alan Ball, Frank Clarke, Stuart Pearce etc? I don't think so.

Exactly we were 6/7th when he took over and yet managed to win us a trophy and qualify for the Chanps lge his first full season and win the league against our hated rivals in our second. He also has probably given anyone under the age 50 two of the three most memorable matches of there life the QPR game and the 6-1.

Winning the semi-final and doing the double over them in. 2012 required competing against a club who have churned out trophy after trophy for 20 years. We needed Bobbys steel, inner belief to change the clubs mentality.

I will always be grateful.

Exactly we were 6/7th when he took over and yet managed to win us a trophy and qualify for the Chanps lge his first full season and win the league against our hated rivals in our second. He also has probably given anyone under the age 50 two of the three most memorable matches of there life the QPR game and the 6-1.

Winning the semi-final and doing the double over them in. 2012 required competing against a club who have churned out trophy after trophy for 20 years. We needed Bobbys steel, inner belief to change the clubs mentality.

I will always be grateful.

Well said, mate.

I'm with you all the way on this.

That's fine, he has a place close to mine too, but its over 3 years since he left. He won us our first trophies after a very long drought, but it doesn't make him a saint, he still had a shocking last season, given the resources available, when we lost the league to a pretty average united, a cup final to a relegated side, not to mention his poor european record, where he managed 3 points from 6 games.
“given the resources available” - Rodwell, Sinclair, Maicon, Nastasic, Garcia - yep, the board truly know how to build an empire. Mancini was the bollocks. Took this club to the zenith and in doing so dismantled United time and again on the pitch. He wanted the best and was duly given a shite hand from a board that thought it knew best. And we’re rueing that to this day. If we’d have invested with one or two truly stellar signings, Mancini would have waltzed that league. Again and again and again. And he’d have fucked off the kitman in the process.

“given the resources available” - Rodwell, Sinclair, Maicon, Nastasic, Garcia - yep, the board truly know how to build an empire. Mancini was the bollocks. Took this club to the zenith and in doing so dismantled United time and again on the pitch. He wanted the best and was duly given a shite hand from a board that thought it knew best. And we’re rueing that to this day. If we’d have invested with one or two truly stellar signings, Mancini would have waltzed that league. Again and again and again. And he’d have fucked off the kitman in the process.

Exactly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.