Roberto publicly criticizing players...

BillyShears said:
That doesn't fit the narrative though. Mancini's loved and lauded because he's here to build something with us long term. It wouldn't fit for him to "do a Jose" and piss off after a couple of seasons....
Remind me Billy, which "narrative" do those excellent qualities of Mancini which you mention fit?

Mad Mario said:
Superga said:
The moody and childish player is the one having highest scoring ratio in the squad, and without his goals we would have different position in the table.

Boateng is a young player with a lot of potential. He needs to play and in my opinion he is not one of our worst players.

Sorry but in the last month how many chances he gave already to SWP, with what result ?!

However all teams have ups and downs, we should be more patient considering that we are the last arrived ... New Owners, new organization, new players, new coach, new mentality .... Rome wasnt built in one day my friend.
swp hasnt had many chances but has done well in the games he has been given

aaahhhh rome wasnt built in a day, the bluemoon cliche that hasnt been used in a while. the romans didnt start to build rome, knock down decent buildings and build boring dull ones in there place. rome was built with vision, passion and finess, unlike this mancini era.

Then in your opinion this year is not better than last year ?
How many games we have been showing to be the best and to have the winning mentality. Yes we did play few awful games but who didnt ?
If you think that in two years just because you spend and buy good players, is enough to win trophies then you dont know anything about football.
You tell me how long Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter had to wait before winning some trophy.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Unless a player has done something completely indefensible that requires public comment then personal criticisms should be kept personal. How would any of us feel if our boss slagged us off in public over something they weren't happy with?

I'd take it you had a very media based job.

Again, without an agenda there is nothing to see here. Telling players they have to improve is nothing new nor out of order.

I've noticed with a great deal of interest the amount of devotion this particular manager provokes amongst certain people on here, and I've scratched my head for a long time at the reasons for it. He's making the same mistakes now as he was making last season (negative approach to winnable games, strange substitutions, publicly criticising players), and yet people defend him to the hilt still. Yesterdays 'performance' was Pearce-like in it's ineptitude and if Pearce were manager he would have been lambasted for it by all and sundry. At least Pearce could have pointed to a strike force of Samaras and Corradi and a severely limited transfer budget in his defence. This guy has had a budget Pearce could only have dreamt about and has a squad at his disposal that most managers would cut off their right arms for, and yet he still serves up shite. To come out publicly and criticize certain players may go down well with the fans, but smacks of desperation to me. We're going to need those players giving their all if we're to finish top 4 this season, and the way we're playing at the moment I just don't see it.

Superga said:
Mad Mario said:
swp hasnt had many chances but has done well in the games he has been given

aaahhhh rome wasnt built in a day, the bluemoon cliche that hasnt been used in a while. the romans didnt start to build rome, knock down decent buildings and build boring dull ones in there place. rome was built with vision, passion and finess, unlike this mancini era.

Then in your opinion this year is not better than last year ?
How many games we have been showing to be the best and to have the winning mentality. Yes we did play few awful games but who didnt ?
If you think that in two years just because you spend and buy good players, is enough to win trophies then you dont know anything about football.
You tell me how long Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter had to wait before winning some trophy.

this year, in terms of city, has not been an improvement. we are 3rd because chelsea and liverpool have got weaker.

how many games have we been showing to be the best? 1. villa at home 2. liverpool athome 3. fulham away 4. utd away (the performance) 5. blackpool at home. the rest have been boring, mundane, negative football games.

winning mentality is not about going away to spurs and arsenal and defending for 90mins (great defensive display to be fair) and holding out for a point. a winning mentality is ment to be win at all cost and we dont have that.

we have seen how well we can play this season, why not play like this all the time? granted all teams have their off days, but we have one great game followed by 5 or 6 inept.

mancini inherited a side that everyone thought was top 4 (media, fans, and owner as he sacked hughes for not being on target) and after 3 transfer windows, 14 months in charge we havent seen the goods on the pitch enough

jay_mcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Unless a player has done something completely indefensible that requires public comment then personal criticisms should be kept personal. How would any of us feel if our boss slagged us off in public over something they weren't happy with?

Again, without an agenda there is nothing to see here. Telling players they have to improve is nothing new nor out of order.
I stand 100% by what I said. If Mancini wants to talk generalities then that's fine but singling someone one out whao was one among a number of offenders is out of order. Perhaps it's his limited English that caused the problem.

Prestwich_Blue said:
jay_mcfc said:

I stand 100% by what I said. If Mancini wants to talk generalities then that's fine but singling someone one out whao was one among a number of offenders is out of order. Perhaps it's his limited English that caused the problem.

That's all well and good, but in Balotelli's case he's singling out a player that has looked lacklustre for a while now. It's not as if it's just one game.

Had Mancini said nothing about any of our players or praised the performance the title of this thread would have been 'Is Mancini losing the plot?'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.