Roberto publicly criticizing players...

Nelly's Left Foot said:
WNRH said:
and don't forget letting the spurs player get passed him with ease for the Crouch winner aswell. Craig Bellamy is a con artist, it is not suprising that he has won fuck all in his career despite playing for some top clubs.

I love the myth that Craig Bellamy had a bad 2nd half of the season last year.He didn't. And it's not just a question of him trying hard so that means he is a great player but look at what really happened.

Jan 2010 Blackburn had a good game in a 4.1 win
" " Portsmouth only sub but was excellent when he came on
Feb 2010 Stoke away in cup.Good game scored the equaliser
" " Chelsea away he was magnificent and scored 2
March 2010 Fulham away win he set up the 2 goals
April 2010 Burnley away he scored 1 and played very well 6.1 win
" " Brum home 5 1 win played well set one up

Not bad for someone who was supposed to have been shocking in the 2nd half of the season? But a player doesnt always have to score a great goal or set one up out of nothing to be of real value to a team.It is also the fact that he is always a genuine threat with his pace and ability and the opposition cannot just press up on us knowing we have real pace to get in behind. Plus of course the passion and effort which I am sure you don't think is of value. I wish to hell all the players had that as they clearly don't
He isn't always a threat though is he, for example I was looking forward to him using his pace as a threat against a geriatric gary neville, did fuck all (apart from the above mentioned pass) all game.

Has been a disruptive twat all his career and is now an above average championship player. No loss to us this season.

sweep said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I love the myth that Craig Bellamy had a bad 2nd half of the season last year.He didn't. And it's not just a question of him trying hard so that means he is a great player but look at what really happened.

Not bad for someone who was supposed to have been shocking in the 2nd half of the season? But a player doesnt always have to score a great goal or set one up out of nothing to be of real value to a team.It is also the fact that he is always a genuine threat with his pace and ability and the opposition cannot just press up on us knowing we have real pace to get in behind. Plus of course the passion and effort which I am sure you don't think is of value. I wish to hell all the players had that as they clearly don't
He isn't always a threat though is he, for example I was looking forward to him using his pace as a threat against a geriatric gary neville, did fuck all (apart from the above mentioned pass) all game.

Has been a disruptive twat all his career and is now an above average championship player. No loss to us this season.

As it happens in that last match against the scum I thought he had a shocker ( not on his own though was he?) so congratulations on picking the bad game he had.But I notice you ingnored the "facts" I produced which show he didnt have a crap second half of the season.

Not always a threat.Well always implies 100% of games so no he wasnt but neither was Maradona in his career.The reality was that he had a top season last year and was a threat in almost every game he played even if he didnt score or create the wonder goal.

Half the time the things he says in post match interviews are twisted by the media, for example he made a comment about Dzeko's goalscoring and how it will improve over time a few days ago and the media turned it into, Mancini: "Dzeko must improve".

sweep said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

As it happens in that last match against the scum I thought he had a shocker ( not on his own though was he?) so congratulations on picking the bad game he had.But I notice you ingnored the "facts" I produced which show he didnt have a crap second half of the season.

Not always a threat.Well always implies 100% of games so no he wasnt but neither was Maradona in his career.The reality was that he had a top season last year and was a threat in almost every game he played even if he didnt score or create the wonder goal.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
WNRH said:
and don't forget letting the spurs player get passed him with ease for the Crouch winner aswell. Craig Bellamy is a con artist, it is not suprising that he has won fuck all in his career despite playing for some top clubs.

Great analysis,Nelly. How soon people forget.

Imagine the possible outcome today, if Bellers had been out on the left and was being supplied with sweet, early passes by Superman at his best! He could have killed Fulham off with crosses to Dzeko. But then, of course, this would not be football Italian style, would it?

Dino_bosnian said:
I publicly criticizing Roberto Mancini. Very bad tactics, very bad game. And vs MU, and Aris away, and Aston Villa, etc. Mancini must go from City. He is coach from Italian league. City have not teams community. Tevez is selfish, Balotelli is selfish, Silva is selfish, Kolarov is stupid. Dzeko is lonely on the ground... City not play like team because 5-6 players play for himself. That is bad for their game and team. This is Mancini's fault. I am very disillusioned with their games in few months. Mancini don't have authority. MANCINI GO FROM CITY, NOW !!!

Really?

-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 am --

Tree said:
Mancini's best games as city manager were the 5 after he took over from Hughes.
Since then it has been mostly dross...

Who at the beginning of last season thought we'd have Mancini as manager after Hughes??? Nobody thought that we'd go for the out of work ex Inter Milan..

we thought, Hiddink et al...

Mancini has underperformed with that squad and those resources massively.

Wow, you actually live in people's heads, interesting.

-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 am --

Back ontopic though, Balotelli is one of my favoutite players and i personally thought he played quite well so the comments were a bit strange to me however i'm willing to give the manager the benefit of the doubt as he knows the player better than any of us.

-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 am --

Danamy said:
de niro said:
on a side note call me naive but i think if bob is replaced tevez will stay.

Nothing naive about that statement.........................

If that's the case then it's bye bye Tevez for me, we can't have him picking and choosing who manages the club.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 am --<br /><br />
10.Goater_Legend said:
Half the time the things he says in post match interviews are twisted by the media, for example he made a comment about Dzeko's goalscoring and how it will improve over time a few days ago and the media turned it into, Mancini: "Dzeko must improve".

Won't stop some hearing what they want to hear.

Let's take this back to basics.

And before I do, new bloke with a couple of posts from Grantham in Lincolnshire, what's he got to do with City? What are his credentials?

Well, my Dad was born in Cowesby Street, 400 yards from Maine Road. He took me to Maine Road when I was 8 in 1970 and City flowed into my veins from that day. I was lucky enough to see the big names that I don't need to name to you. I was there when the chant started " Oooh, Rodney, Rodney, Rodney Rodney Rodney Rodernay Marsh". I cried at Wembley when we lost the League Cup 2-1 in 1974. I didn't cry at Wembley when Glen Hoddle bounced a ball off Tommy Hutchinson's shoulder past Big Joe in 1981, only because 18 year olds don't cry but it was close. I saw Kinkies goal against Southampton, my view partially obscured by the stanchion that held the Maine Road stand up, but still the best goal I've ever seen. I saw us at Highfield Road losing 2-0 to Coventry before a blistering comeback to win 2-3. These are a fraction of the games I've seen, and my games are just a fraction of what most of you have seen, but the point I'm trying to make is that I am a real Blue and not an imposter. The reason why I don't go more often is because I'm 120 miles from COMS and I'm as poor as a church mouse. I tried to get tickets for the Blackpool v City game in October as I was taking my son to Pleasure Beach for the day and it would have tied in nicely for the Sunday but with B&B and tickets etc it would have been £300 which i just can't stretch to.

This is my point.

We've all noticed that City turn on and off like a lightbulb at the moment. One minute they're brilliant, the next moment they're ... well, like they were today. (Can I just at this point just kiss the feet of ShadyGiz who has allowed me to watch countless City games free of charge through his kind and unpaid work in finding links to City games).

Here's the tricky thing that RM and all top managers like him have to face. In our world (or mine at least), if you want a job you have to scrub your arse, put on a clean shirt and then show your nice clean arse to the person who is giving the job. If your arse is slightly more spotty than the other 300 arses he has seen then you don't get the job.

But Balo, Carlos, Dzeko etc didn't ask for a job with City. They were begged to come and work for City. They earn a lot of money as we all know and they're all young. If they do a good job they get paid beyond our wildest dreams. If they do a bad job they get ... paid beyond our wildest dreams (i'm not assuming that there is nobody reading this who is already very rich so please don't think I'm being insulting).

What is needed is someone who can lead, inspire and motivate young and talented multimillionaires. To do that there has to be some fear. At school we all remember that there was the teacher who was run ragged because he or she couldn't keep order. That was usually the one who belted you. Then there was the one who you were scared shitless of but who never laid a finger on you because they never needed to. The teacher I was scared of always got the best out of me.

I DO NOT subscribe to this 'tiredness' thing. These guys are professional athletes training to Olympic standards. Tiredness is running two marathons back to back, not two football games in three days. Tiredness is a state of mind that can be overcome. It is the managers job to make sure these lads understand that he expects a performance in proportion with the financial estime in which Manchester City hold them.

I know someone who was once in the Red Arrows display team. When they all qualify for the season they get the famous red boiler suit. My friend felt pretty pleased with himself when he got his suit for the first season but was quickly pulled into the leaders office. The Squadron Leader said to him only five words : "The suit's famous, you're not!"

Pulling on a Blue shirt is a supreme honour that I like many will never have. But those that do have that honour must understand that with the privilege goes a great responsibility. City fans have shown patience and have suffered for a long time. They applaud and reward hard work and respect for the shirt that has been worn by so many great predecessors. The manager, like the feared schoolteacher must be able to impress upon them that whilst they wear the City shirt they must give it absolutely everything, every time.

Thousands of us love City. It can't be too much to ask the players to do the same. If they don't then shake their hand and let them leave quietly. NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN CITY.

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.' Bill Shankly

a bit selfish of me for just popping in here and saying I haven't read most of this thread, but I'm a bit puzzled why Roberto seemed to have singled out Mario today.

Thought today was his best all-around game for us, he was involved a lot more, ran a lot, and seemed genuinely into it. Roberto's comments afterward left me scratching my head. Refs and fans have no time for him, a shame that apparently he can't even do well in the eyes of his gaffer.

Andouble said:
a bit selfish of me for just popping in here and saying I haven't read most of this thread, but I'm a bit puzzled why Roberto seemed to have singled out Mario today.

Thought today was his best all-around game for us, he was involved a lot more, ran a lot, and seemed genuinely into it. Roberto's comments afterward left me scratching my head. Refs and fans have no time for him, a shame that apparently he can't even do well in the eyes of his gaffer.

Maybe his gaffer knows how to wind him up ?

LongsightM13 said:
Having known him for so long, I think Mancini has a a better idea of how Mario's mind works and what it takes to motivate him than anyone on here, to be honest

That's what I was thinking. Balotelli loves Mancini. And as far as I know Mancini is pretty much the only guy who can keep him under control. I see Mancini dealing with Balotelli as a long winded process that will eventually turn Balo into a very respectable player. Have faith, he'll reel his attitude in.

Also, Balotelli is a cocky guy who clearly loves attention. So he'll probably respond better to reading an article about himself in the paper than if Mancini was to call him into his office and have a private talk with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.