Roberto publicly criticizing players...

hgblue said:
I've noticed with a great deal of interest the amount of devotion this particular manager provokes amongst certain people on here, and I've scratched my head for a long time at the reasons for it. He's making the same mistakes now as he was making last season (negative approach to winnable games, strange substitutions, publicly criticising players), and yet people defend him to the hilt still. Yesterdays 'performance' was Pearce-like in it's ineptitude and if Pearce were manager he would have been lambasted for it by all and sundry. At least Pearce could have pointed to a strike force of Samaras and Corradi and a severely limited transfer budget in his defence. This guy has had a budget Pearce could only have dreamt about and has a squad at his disposal that most managers would cut off their right arms for, and yet he still serves up shite. To come out publicly and criticize certain players may go down well with the fans, but smacks of desperation to me. We're going to need those players giving their all if we're to finish top 4 this season, and the way we're playing at the moment I just don't see it.

To be honest he hardly criticized Balotelli, he just said he wasn't happy with his performance and he needs to do more and the same goes for Dzeko and Tevez, i don't see anything wrong with his comments after the match yesterday

Yesterday was nothing like games at home under Pearce, it wasn't great infact it was pretty poor, both in terms of keeping the ball and in terms of creating chances. It was only when Vieira came on that we improved, it was just one of those games, they happen at times even to the best teams. What we can't afford is to have many more performances like that this season if we want to finish top four as we can't continue to rely on slip ups from either Chelsea of Spurs.

jay_mcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Unless a player has done something completely indefensible that requires public comment then personal criticisms should be kept personal. How would any of us feel if our boss slagged us off in public over something they weren't happy with?

I'd take it you had a very media based job.

Again, without an agenda there is nothing to see here. Telling players they have to improve is nothing new nor out of order.

It staggers me that you can have so much bare faced hypocrisy in the same thread. You practically wet yourself with rage every time we dropped points under Hughes and called him all sorts of pretty nasty shit, especially considering he was at the time City's manager - and yet you swan around accusing others of having agendas now that the man in charge is one you find agreeable. The only thing I can say in your defense is you're not the only one...

Mad Mario said:
Superga said:
Then in your opinion this year is not better than last year ?
How many games we have been showing to be the best and to have the winning mentality. Yes we did play few awful games but who didnt ?
If you think that in two years just because you spend and buy good players, is enough to win trophies then you dont know anything about football.
You tell me how long Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter had to wait before winning some trophy.

this year, in terms of city, has not been an improvement. we are 3rd because chelsea and liverpool have got weaker.

how many games have we been showing to be the best? 1. villa at home 2. liverpool athome 3. fulham away 4. utd away (the performance) 5. blackpool at home. the rest have been boring, mundane, negative football games.

winning mentality is not about going away to spurs and arsenal and defending for 90mins (great defensive display to be fair) and holding out for a point. a winning mentality is ment to be win at all cost and we dont have that.

we have seen how well we can play this season, why not play like this all the time? granted all teams have their off days, but we have one great game followed by 5 or 6 inept.

mancini inherited a side that everyone thought was top 4 (media, fans, and owner as he sacked hughes for not being on target) and after 3 transfer windows, 14 months in charge we havent seen the goods on the pitch enough

Oh ok now we are third because Chelsea and Liverpool got weaker, come on !!
So last year we were fifth because Spurs came stronger, and maybe next year we will win the League cause the rags will have a sabbatic year ...
Honestly this year I saw many good performances, some unlucky ones, and few awful ones.
Don't forget we are still on all competitions ....
If you think an other coach would have done better of Mancini, I don't know and can't say but still believe we should give him all support until the end of the season and then we go into conclusions.

Superga said:
Mad Mario said:
this year, in terms of city, has not been an improvement. we are 3rd because chelsea and liverpool have got weaker.

how many games have we been showing to be the best? 1. villa at home 2. liverpool athome 3. fulham away 4. utd away (the performance) 5. blackpool at home. the rest have been boring, mundane, negative football games.

winning mentality is not about going away to spurs and arsenal and defending for 90mins (great defensive display to be fair) and holding out for a point. a winning mentality is ment to be win at all cost and we dont have that.

we have seen how well we can play this season, why not play like this all the time? granted all teams have their off days, but we have one great game followed by 5 or 6 inept.

mancini inherited a side that everyone thought was top 4 (media, fans, and owner as he sacked hughes for not being on target) and after 3 transfer windows, 14 months in charge we havent seen the goods on the pitch enough

Oh ok now we are third because Chelsea and Liverpool got weaker, come on !!
So last year we were fifth because Spurs came stronger, and maybe next year we will win the League cause the rags will have a sabbatic year ...
Honestly this year I saw many good performances, some unlucky ones, and few awful ones.
Don't forget we are still on all competitions ....
If you think an other coach would have done better of Mancini, I don't know and can't say but still believe we should give him all support until the end of the season and then we go into conclusions.

were not in the carling cup to be fair mate. fair play to mancini for beating leicester and notts co over 2 legs each, losing to lech poznan away and beating salzburg.

ferguson, hiddink, jose, sven just off the top of my head would all do a better job.

what other good performances have you seen other than the ones i have listed?

Mad Mario said:
Superga said:
Then in your opinion this year is not better than last year ?
How many games we have been showing to be the best and to have the winning mentality. Yes we did play few awful games but who didnt ?
If you think that in two years just because you spend and buy good players, is enough to win trophies then you dont know anything about football.
You tell me how long Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter had to wait before winning some trophy.

What about:

Wigan away? 2-0
Chelsea at home? 1-0 not negative and boring but a great team display against a team that had won all 5 games prior to us,
West Brom away? 2-0
West Ham away? 3-1
Newcastle away? 3-1
Wolves at home? 4-3 and should have been more. Despite their two late goals, hardly boring eh?
West Brom at home? 3-0
Blackpool away? 3-2 again, hardly boring and mundane and negative

Those are just the league games obviously. Add the cup games and it is another half dozen.

I am sorry but when you miss out a load of games, your agenda is fairly transparent and as such, why should anyone bother debating with you. You won't change your mind, it is made up.

SWP's back said:
Mad Mario said:

What about:

Wigan away? 2-0
Chelsea at home? 1-0 not negative and boring but a great team display against a team that had won all 5 games prior to us,
West Brom away? 2-0
West Ham away? 3-1
Newcastle away? 3-1
Wolves at home? 4-3 and should have been more. Despite their two late goals, hardly boring eh?
West Brom at home? 3-0

Those are just the league games obviously. Add the cup games and it is another half dozen.

I am sorry but when you miss out a load of games, your agenda is fairly transparent and as such, why should anyone bother debating with you. You won't change your mind, it is made up.

out of them mentioned the 1st half v wolves and blackpool away i will give you, the rest were boring. the chelsea match was exactly the same as arsenal away, west brom 3-0 was a TERRIBLE match.

agenda? well seems as though I come on here win, lose or draw and have been a member since 04/05ish, my only agenda is city.

I thought Balotelli was one of the better performers, yesterday?

He certainly didn't warrant singling-out for criticism, based on other displays.

Mancini needs to take the players (and the fans) with him, he doesn't have that in all quarters.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought Balotelli was one of the better performers, yesterday?

He certainly didn't warrant singling-out for criticism, based on other displays.

Mancini needs to take the players (and the fans) with him, he doesn't have that in all quarters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I[/youtube]

Mad Mario said:
SWP's back said:
What about:

Wigan away? 2-0
West Brom away? 2-0
West Ham away? 3-1
Newcastle away? 3-1
West Brom at home? 3-0

out of them mentioned the 1st half v wolves and blackpool away i will give you, the rest were boring. the chelsea match was exactly the same as arsenal away, west brom 3-0 was a TERRIBLE match.

You agreed with one and a half games of those I proposed.

Unbelievable.

Actually, scrap that, very believable on here.

But you have just shown you don't know that much about football. Despite being a member on here since 04/05 season (like that is ever a good gauge).

There are arguments for both camps

For - we are definately harder to beat - still in the mix for 4th - Wuropa and FA cup

Against - Last seasons points tally 67 - if we carry on @ same rate this season 67/68. las season goals scored - 73 @ current rate this season 59, defense last season -45 current rate 36. This show that we are definately better defensively but not so up front even with better striking options.

We also will end up with similar points so if we get in the top 4 its not just due to us being better but the other getting worse.

Although we are still in the cups until Wednesday we really haven't been tested.

I guess the doubters have a good argument to say we haven't really improved considering 150Mill spent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.