Roberto publicly criticizing players...

Nelly's Left Foot said:
sweep said:
He isn't always a threat though is he, for example I was looking forward to him using his pace as a threat against a geriatric gary neville, did fuck all (apart from the above mentioned pass) all game.

Has been a disruptive twat all his career and is now an above average championship player. No loss to us this season.

As it happens in that last match against the scum I thought he had a shocker ( not on his own though was he?) so congratulations on picking the bad game he had.But I notice you ingnored the "facts" I produced which show he didnt have a crap second half of the season.

Not always a threat.Well always implies 100% of games so no he wasnt but neither was Maradona in his career.The reality was that he had a top season last year and was a threat in almost every game he played even if he didnt score or create the wonder goal.
It wasn't 'the' bad game he had, he had many more bad than good, he's one of those players a lot of fans either fail to see or gloss over his bad games because getting sweat on the shirt is enough for them. Your entitled to your view that a handful of good performances (in your opinion) in half a season is worth keeping a known trouble maker around, I disagree and as I say, he's hardly ripping up trees in the championship.

Our results have been poor since the turn of the year. Just like when hughes was in charge, one look at the teamsheet before kick-off and you know we are going to struggle. Two painfully slow, almost arthritic full backs who can't stop wingers crossing and can't get contribute anything useful going forward. No pace in midfield, no creativity. No width left or right and three centre forwards upfront. Not surprising that we struggle to create. And how much money have we spent? Again, i worry about us finishing in the top 4.

Bluemoon115 said:
Danamy said:
Nothing naive about that statement.........................

No...

But some would rather get rid of an excellent striker in order to keep an average manager.

If it's a choice which hardly any of us really know then i don't think you can decide to keep the striker no matter how excellent he is especially as the striker in question is Tevez. Theres nothing to suggest he'd be happy to stay here for longer than another season anyway even if Mancini is moved on

Results of late haven't been good enough but over the course of the season they've been good enough to keep us in two cup competitions and we are currently on course for the top four. Comments such as 'dead man walking' at this time are ridiculous, he's far from a dead man walking. At present we are in an excellent position in terms of progress in two cups and are in an excellent position in the league with regards to the top four, whats important for Mancini and the team now is that we kick on, we can't afford too many draws like yesterday especially considering the tough away games we've got from now till the end of the season and Mancini and the players both need to take some of the blame for our recent dip in form and snap out of it quickly or we'll end up playing catch up on Spurs/Chelsea when in an ideal world we need to put pressure on them

Blame yourself Mancini. Who decided to spend 22 million on a moody childish player like Balotelli !!!

Who decided to spend 17 million on player who can only take free kicks and can`t ever keep the ball like Kolarov !

Who is choosing Boateng to play as a right back !

Who decided not to give SWP a chance when AJ & Silva are injured !!!

Bloody fool. You don't play with 3 in midfield when they have 5, and much less when none of the 3 is a creative AM.

vultures3.jpg

Recognise anybody? They are all circling in this thread!

Tevez City said:
Blame yourself Mancini. Who decided to spend 22 million on a moody childish player like Balotelli !!!

Who decided to spend 17 million on player who can only take free kicks and can`t ever keep the ball like Kolarov !

The moody and childish player is the one having highest scoring ratio in the squad, and without his goals we would have different position in the table.

Boateng is a young player with a lot of potential. He needs to play and in my opinion he is not one of our worst players.

Sorry but in the last month how many chances he gave already to SWP, with what result ?!

However all teams have ups and downs, we should be more patient considering that we are the last arrived ... New Owners, new organization, new players, new coach, new mentality .... Rome wasnt built in one day my friend.

Superga said:
Tevez City said:

The moody and childish player is the one having highest scoring ratio in the squad, and without his goals we would have different position in the table.

Boateng is a young player with a lot of potential. He needs to play and in my opinion he is not one of our worst players.

Sorry but in the last month how many chances he gave already to SWP, with what result ?!

However all teams have ups and downs, we should be more patient considering that we are the last arrived ... New Owners, new organization, new players, new coach, new mentality .... Rome wasnt built in one day my friend.
swp hasnt had many chances but has done well in the games he has been given

aaahhhh rome wasnt built in a day, the bluemoon cliche that hasnt been used in a while. the romans didnt start to build rome, knock down decent buildings and build boring dull ones in there place. rome was built with vision, passion and finess, unlike this mancini era.

de niro said:
has nobody thought that he actually wants away?, he may miss italy, we know his dad is ill, maybe he just has'nt took to england.

lots of players and managers have felt the same way.

That doesn't fit the narrative though. Mancini's loved and lauded because he's here to build something with us long term. It wouldn't fit for him to "do a Jose" and piss off after a couple of seasons...<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:00 pm --<br /><br />
Andouble said:
a bit selfish of me for just popping in here and saying I haven't read most of this thread, but I'm a bit puzzled why Roberto seemed to have singled out Mario today.

Thought today was his best all-around game for us, he was involved a lot more, ran a lot, and seemed genuinely into it. Roberto's comments afterward left me scratching my head. Refs and fans have no time for him, a shame that apparently he can't even do well in the eyes of his gaffer.

Nail on head there mate - that's exactly how I saw it, which is why I started the thread...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.