robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: robin van persie

Billiant player - always has been in the top few strikers in the world...

but I don't see how we could go into the season with Aguero, Tevez, Van Persie and Mario (tho granted Mario can play other positions)

Aguero, Tevez and Van Persie are all top, top draw and would all be constant starters for every team in the world (incl. Barca and Real). I doubt any team could keep them all happy

ANY1aBLUE said:
ballinio said:
Rammyblues said:
It is a no brainer really. The only bit that leaves a sour taste is that Dzeko would have to go to make way.
Why not Balotelli to make way ? Personally i would like to see Van Persie right up top as the maine centre forward with Aguero just behind playing off him, those 2 would be unmarkable, certainly better than any other combination we could put together.

I agree - I think Dzeko is a better player than Balotelli, and certainly less trouble!

-- Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:41 am --

SamTheGuru said:
OB1 said:
Do you think City would be pursuing him if that was the case? Maybe you think that City aren't pursuing him?

It's called keeping your options open - Corinthians might come back and offer £50m for Tevez, in which case RVP would be a sensible option to pursue.

Let's say a £20m fee over a 4 year contract and he would probably have to be on par with our top earners, Yaya and Tevez so let's say £200k p/w.

You are looking at a £15.4m per year set back on FFP.

Did you seriously write 'Corinthians might come back with a 50m offer for Tevez'???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Sort of negates any interest in anything else you had to say............................

Apply your brain ffs, it was hypothetical.

The fact is that £15m+ per year is a major hit to balancing the books, especially for a player with little to no sell on value.

Why don't you make a logical, thought out response and read what I actually said instead of trying to be a clever keyboard warrior.

SamTheGuru said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
ballinio said:
Why not Balotelli to make way ? Personally i would like to see Van Persie right up top as the maine centre forward with Aguero just behind playing off him, those 2 would be unmarkable, certainly better than any other combination we could put together.

I agree - I think Dzeko is a better player than Balotelli, and certainly less trouble!

SamTheGuru said:
It's called keeping your options open - Corinthians might come back and offer £50m for Tevez, in which case RVP would be a sensible option to pursue.

Let's say a £20m fee over a 4 year contract and he would probably have to be on par with our top earners, Yaya and Tevez so let's say £200k p/w.

You are looking at a £15.4m per year set back on FFP.

Did you seriously write 'Corinthians might come back with a 50m offer for Tevez'???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Sort of negates any interest in anything else you had to say............................

The fact is that £15m+ per year is a major hit to balancing the books, especially for a player with little to no sell on value.

forgetting the sell on value id say its worth the gamble bringing in such a player as to where he could take the team champions league winners in the next 2 years with van persie? i make that over 70 million in revenue may just be a gamble worth taking if mancini feels he is one of the missing pieces!

Hart
Richards Vinny Lescott Clichy
Yaya Martinez
Tevez Aguero Balotelli
VanPersie

Subs: Pantilemon, Zabbs, Kolo, DeJong, Bale, Rodriguez, AJ.

For when Silva, Nasri, Barry, and Milner want a day trip to the beach instead.

TonyM said:
Hart
Richards Vinny Lescott Clichy
Yaya Martinez
Tevez Aguero Balotelli
VanPersie

Subs: Pantilemon, Zabbs, Kolo, DeJong, Bale, Rodriguez, AJ.

For when Silva, Nasri, Barry, and Milner want a day trip to the beach instead.
bale sub?????? really??

leewill31 said:
SamTheGuru said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

forgetting the sell on value id say its worth the gamble bringing in such a player as to where he could take the team champions league winners in the next 2 years with van persie? i make that over 70 million in revenue may just be a gamble worth taking if mancini feels he is one of the missing pieces!

That may have already been taken into account on recent aquisitions such as Aguero. The truth is, none of us really know where we stand with regards to ffp and what revenue the club is projecting.

Me personally? I see no need to take the gamble.

Aguero and Tevez (for all his sins) are top, top drawer players. Is there really a need to bring in RVP at such a cost? Mario could become a world beater this year. Striker-wise, I would ship out Dzeko and look to involve Guidetti and concentrate on strengthening the midfield by going all out for another player in the mould of Yaya (if there is such a player in the world).

striker Robin van Persie will not be joining Manchester City, Real Madrid or Barcelona, according to the players own father.
<a class="postlink" href="http://football-talk.co.uk/64072/van-persie-snr-rules-out-man-city-or-la-liga-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football-talk.co.uk/64072/van-pe ... liga-move/</a>?

Bluemooner33 said:
striker Robin van Persie will not be joining Manchester City, Real Madrid or Barcelona, according to the players own father.
<a class="postlink" href="http://football-talk.co.uk/64072/van-persie-snr-rules-out-man-city-or-la-liga-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football-talk.co.uk/64072/van-pe ... liga-move/</a>?
Van persie will decide where he goes not his dad

cant see him or bale joining us

I can see Martinez possibly, sturridge and others though

bluebannana said:
cant see him or bale joining us

I can see Martinez possibly, sturridge and others though
It is much harder to buy players from rivals in the same league particularly when you are champions and the richest club in the world. You wont get any bargains and with FFP challenging it may be better to shop elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.