robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think how many chances van persie would get with silva and nasri....he has got to be thinking about moving to city...on another point i bet after tonight so is torres..

bournemouthblue said:
Just think how many chances van persie would get with silva and nasri....he has got to be thinking about moving to city...on another point i bet after tonight so is torres..

Torres would easily score 30 goals a season if he played for us.

nevilletogoater-in said:
bournemouthblue said:

I said this to someone last night. I think his problem was his price tag when he moved to Chelsea & living up to it was hard, a few rough games & the press have hounded him since resulting in a spiral effect. His confidence was shot.
Look at Spain's first game, he lacked pace & at times look disinterested, but last night he looked sharp & wasn't looking up to the sky asking why. He showed he still is a good player & IMO he's worth a gamble. I'd offer a silly amount like £20m & see what happens.

not my fault! said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
bournemouthblue said:

I said this to someone last night. I think his problem was his price tag when he moved to Chelsea & living up to it was hard, a few rough games & the press have hounded him since resulting in a spiral effect. His confidence was shot.
Look at Spain's first game, he lacked pace & at times look disinterested, but last night he looked sharp & wasn't looking up to the sky asking why. He showed he still is a good player & IMO he's worth a gamble. I'd offer a silly amount like £20m & see what happens.
Have you seen those defenders of Ireland? This meant nothing, hope it boosted his confidence but still hasn't proven anything

not my fault! said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
bournemouthblue said:

you've been watching too much Bargain Hunt!

Van Persie in the Euros, is closer to the Van Persie which has played most seasons for Arsenal. Not clinical, hit & miss. The only difference being that he played both games rather than getting injured. That is also the kind of form he was showing towards the end of the season for Arsenal, missing chances which he would score in his sleep earlier in the season. That is how he has been for most of his career.

If we sign Van Persie, we could sign a 40 goals per season machine, or equally we could sign an injury prone, mercurial, hit and miss player with a dreadful personality.

It is not the nailed on certainty some people are making it out to be.

Neville Kneville said:
Van Persie in the Euros, is closer to the Van Persie which has played most seasons for Arsenal. Not clinical, hit & miss. The only difference being that he played both games rather than getting injured. That is also the kind of form he was showing towards the end of the season for Arsenal, missing chances which he would score in his sleep earlier in the season. That is how he has been for most of his career.

If we sign Van Persie, we could sign a 40 goals per season machine, or equally we could sign an injury prone, mercurial, hit and miss player with a dreadful personality.

No but we would have the depth of squad to step in if he has a lapse in form or gets injured!

We would not be as reliant on him as Arsenal were and he would not be overused here as he was at Arsenal so hopefully he would not pick up so many injuries.

Cant be any worse than the enigma that is Balotelli!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Neville Kneville said:

No but we would have the depth of squad to step in if he has a lapse in form or gets injured!

We would not be as reliant on him as Arsenal were and he would not be overused here as he was at Arsenal so hopefully he would not pick up so many injuries.

Cant be any worse than the enigma that is Balotelli!

If in that scenario, is it wise to pay 25mil for a player who will only be a supersub or something?
We should be looking for a player who will take over as if nothing happened, when our own current crazy crop of players have a lapse in form or gets injured. Aguero is the only striker in our team who is close to perfect - form, injury-wise everything..

Lets just hope that if RVP indeed to comes to us, he will continue his goal-scoring form and injury-free season with us..such transfers are basically like a flip of the coin..he'll either be good or bad for us..

nevilletogoater-in said:
bournemouthblue said:

Play Torres in a team that has Xavi , Ozil , Iniesta , Nasri and Silva in the starting line up and he STILL wouldn't score 10 goals a season. Just saying .

i♥city! said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
bournemouthblue said:

Play Torres in a team that has Xavi , Ozil , Iniesta , Nasri and Silva in the starting line up and he STILL wouldn't score 10 goals a season. Just saying .
You must have just started following football for the last 12 months. Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.