robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
So what if he created 92 chances. That was last season.

In my opinion he doesn't fit into our team and i really fear for an injury too him. You can bring up whatever stats you want about how many games hes played and so on but the fact is that not too long ago he was injured for months at a time.

20m or whatever it is for a player of his age and injury record is quite frankly ridiculous. Especially when you consider the quality of strikers we already have.

I trust whatever it is Mancini will do but i just fear this signing could be his RSC.
So what your saying is ignore the 92 chances last season, ignore the 80+ games he has played in the last 20 months and the 50+ goals he has scored during that time because about 2 years ago he picked up an ankle injury that kept him out for a few months.

summer of 69 said:
robbieh said:
summer of 69 said:
Manchester City + Robin Van Persie = 2013 Premier League Champions.

It's not so hard to understand.

Don't follow the logic mate. With VP playing Kun will play less maybe score less. Tevez is also prolific as is Balo. Could easily be a Rodney Marsh signing.

I think the logic is simple. He guarantees us goals against top teams away from home which will win us leagues and cups. It's vital City use their muscle to deny bacon face the best players, just as much as they do in bringing them to The Etihad. If he goes to the swamp we've got massive problems next season so we need to consider that terrible prospect when saying we don't want him. Because of who we now are, we have to be in for this sort of quality as it arises. I am not saying we won't win the league with what we have, but RVP is insurance against failure.

The logic is n't that simple I am afraid signing great players who have been great in the same league for another team does n't always work; Adebayor was fairly prolific at Arsenal but was only decent for us, Tevez was n't as prolific as he was for the Rags as he was for us. The Rodney Marsh comparison is a good shout; a great player at the time who failed to compliment our style and the consequences were we missed out on the league (he even admits as much) No signing is an insurance against failing to win the league, unless you play in a non competitive league and you know we don't. RVP could turn out to be a great bit of business but he could just as easily turn out to be a complete fuck up or a player that has one season with us before proving ineffective like Robinho and Adebayor, sometimes it is better to keep a settled forward line than spunk a load of cash on a player that if it fucks up will cause embarassment and black hole in your wallet.

He's an exceptional footballer and he'd fit in at City playing alongside other exceptional footballers. Every single combination of forwards at City would scare the living bejaysus out of every defence in the league and most in Europe.

He can play up front on his own, as part of a two, go wide if necessary, hit a dead ball, everything.

Neville Kneville said:
Can anyone give examples of household name strikers who have been at a club in this country for many years, then moved at the peak age of 28/29 and won titles at other clubs ?

If this move is so obviuosly not a gamble, then surely there must be scores of these ?
That's narrowing it down quite a bit.

How about Dwight Yorke?

totallywired said:
Just get him signed, fuckin knobhead whingers on here, fuck me he`s only 28 not 58. Nothing like Rodney Marsh ay all, he plays for a team that pass the ball around a bit like us. He`s the perfect signing, get him now and ship either Balo or Tevez out.

I seem to remember that a lot of his goals were scored on either quick attacks or counter attacks, Arsenal have 2 fast and direct players like Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain we have none. From what I have heard is that QPR of the era whn RM was playing for them were a passing team and City were a quick attacking team.Whilst although Arsenal play a passing brand of football like us, RVP has excelled with balls in from the wing or up from Midfield from Song, silva prefers to play it along the ground and so do most of our midfield, If Rodney Marsh excelled playing in a cultured team and failed to adapt playing to direct play then it stands to reason that RVP may be less effective in a team that plays patient passing football and does n't counter attackers like Theo and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain.

robbieh said:
i8rags said:
hgblue said:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I'm scratching my head at the number of people that don't want RVP. I find it bizarre.
Me to, sick of arguing the point with what I see as complete numptys.

I don't want him and don't regard myself as a numpty.

The reasons are very clear.

1. Despite being a great PL striker for one season he is 28 and injury prone.
2. He is also a ****. Just like Rooney who I would also not welcome. Remember the Adebayor incident
3. We already have 4 extremely good strikers who compliment each other well. Luckily two of them Kun and Edin are quality pros who don't cause trouble. Imagine if we had Balo. CT and RVP. Incendiary stuff.
4. If Tevez or Dzeko wanted leave there are younger alternatives to VP. Think Cavani and Falcao.
Your missing the point mate which is why I said sick of arguing with numptys.
It doesn't matter a jot if you don't fancy him or if I do, the point is Mancini does and any argument against is a bad slant on Bob. Bad slant on Bob = numpty.

so what if he averages 30 games a season thats all he would need to play in are team with the other strikers we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.