robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be funny to sign him and then let him,adebayor,Nasri,Kolo and Clichy play against Arsenal.

Neville Kneville said:
Can anyone give examples of household name strikers who have been at a club in this country for many years, then moved at the peak age of 28/29 and won titles at other clubs ?

If this move is so obviuosly not a gamble, then surely there must be scores of these ?

What about teddy Sheringham, he was 30/31 when he signed for utd.

i8rags said:
robbieh said:
i8rags said:
Me to, sick of arguing the point with what I see as complete numptys.

I don't want him and don't regard myself as a numpty.

The reasons are very clear.

1. Despite being a great PL striker for one season he is 28 and injury prone.
2. He is also a ****. Just like Rooney who I would also not welcome. Remember the Adebayor incident
3. We already have 4 extremely good strikers who compliment each other well. Luckily two of them Kun and Edin are quality pros who don't cause trouble. Imagine if we had Balo. CT and RVP. Incendiary stuff.
4. If Tevez or Dzeko wanted leave there are younger alternatives to VP. Think Cavani and Falcao.
Your missing the point mate which is why I said sick of arguing with numptys.
It doesn't matter a jot if you don't fancy him or if I do, the point is Mancini does and any argument against is an bad slant on Bob.

How do you know that Bob wants RVP, because TH says so? He could have just as likely been tapped up Real, Juve or PSG so until he signs then we don 't what RM wants, and anyway what is this RAWK no manager is beyond question not even RM, I have supported Bob since he took the job, but I would be lying if I said I had never at anypoint questioned his judgement.

Neville Kneville said:
Can anyone give examples of household name strikers who have been at a club in this country for many years, then moved at the peak age of 28/29 and won titles at other clubs ?

If this move is so obviuosly not a gamble, then surely there must be scores of these ?
The been at a club for many years bit rules out most, but for example, Carlos Tevez.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
i8rags said:
robbieh said:

2. He is also a ****. Just like Rooney who I would also not welcome. Remember the Adebayor incident
3. We already have 4 extremely good strikers who compliment each other well. Luckily two of them Kun and Edin are quality pros who don't cause trouble. Imagine if we had Balo. CT and RVP. Incendiary stuff.
4. If Tevez or Dzeko wanted leave there are younger alternatives to VP. Think Cavani and Falcao.
It doesn't matter a jot if you don't fancy him or if I do, the point is Mancini does and any argument against is an bad slant on Bob.

How do you know that Bob wants RVP, because TH says so? He could have just as likely been tapped up Real, Juve or PSG so until he signs then we don 't what RM wants, and anyway what is this RAWK no manager is beyond question not even RM, I have supported Bob since he took the job, but I would be lying if I said I had never at anypoint questioned his judgement.
John cross mirror journo and so called Arsenal expert was on talkshite today and he said, Mancini is desperate to sign RvP. Also Arsenal themselves are accusing us of tapping up RvP,
But of course it's coz TH said so. On a further note, if you questioned Mancinis judgement at any time then surely you have been proved wrong.

i8rags said:
Neville Kneville said:

The been at a club for many years bit rules out most, but for example, Carlos Tevez.

Carlos is different though, before us he had a goal rate below1 in 3 at WHam and the Rags, for us it is better than 1 in 2. I don't think Hughes bought CT as a main striker anyway, he probably meant to use him as a SS or trequartista, and CT only excelled when he was moved up to the main striker position when Hughes was sacked. Also CT was n't the star player and main striker at the rags whilst RVP obviously is.

Neville Kneville said:
Can anyone give examples of household name[1] strikers[2] who have been at a club in this country[3] for many years[4], then moved at the peak age of 28/29[5] and won titles at other clubs[6] ?

You don't get to ask a question with 6 qualifiers then look on all knowingly when it can't be answered.

Example:

Can anybody name me a world class[1] defender[2] who played for his country[3] for many years[4] before he moved on [5] and won a trophy?[6]

i8rags said:
robbieh said:
i8rags said:
Me to, sick of arguing the point with what I see as complete numptys.

It doesn't matter a jot if you don't fancy him or if I do, the point is Mancini does and any argument against is a bad slant on Bob. Bad slant on Bob = numpty.

This is a football forum fella where people post and discuss issues - that is the point of such forums - if you dont want to argue dont - but if you dont like other peoples opinions then stick to the official web site.

i8rags said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
i8rags said:

John cross mirror journo and so called Arsenal expert was on talkshite today and he said, Mancini is desperate to sign RvP. Also Arsenal themselves are accusing us of tapping up RvP,
But of course it's coz TH said so. On a further note, if you questioned Mancinis judgement at any time then surely you have been proved wrong.

That is foolish to think that way, Mancini has admitted several times that he had mistakes at Everton and liverpool (in 10-11) perhaps, I did n't say I think we should sack him but to think a manager can do no wrong is misguided as is taking anything said by a supposed ITK on an internet forum (who uses Youtube videos to communicate) as gospel.

Damocles said:
Neville Kneville said:
Can anyone give examples of household name[1] strikers[2] who have been at a club in this country[3] for many years[4], then moved at the peak age of 28/29[5] and won titles at other clubs[6] ?

You don't get to ask a question with 6 qualifiers then look on all knowingly when it can't be answered.

Example:

Can anybody name me a world class[1] defender[2] who played for his country[3] for many years[4] before he moved on [5] and won a trophy?[6]
His question has been answered twice. Yorke and Sherringham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.