robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do we need RVP?

Big Swifty said:
Is van Persie good enough for City? He had a poor Euro 2012, tho' he did score a cracker with his right foot (unbelievably). And do we need another striker? Is he better than what we've got?
I only ask the question.

We dont want or need him

Re: Do we need RVP?

shauny said:
He has improved really well once he sorted all his injuries now. He looks after himself so would be a great buy.

He will always be injury prone due to his physique (long tendons, lanky legs) the best you can do is treat him with kid gloves.

No we do not need him imo op.

I'm not sure how all these people on this forum know what his personality is like. I don't care if he is a twat or not as it's unlikely that I will ever have any dealings with him on a personal level, so not really bothered about that. What I do know is that he was the best striker in the PL last season so he would be a welcome addition to the team. He was a much better player the Dzeko last season so I wouldn't mind if he replaced him. I think Dzeko would probably benefit from being the first choice striker at another club also. If it doesn't happen I'm not worried either as all four of our current strikers are more than decent.

Davs 19 said:
DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:
Am I the only person that doesn't think we need another striker? We already have four excellent strikers, why should we bench Dzeko and Balotelli?

Think Dzeko's as good as gone mate.

Why?

I'm at such a loss on this. The player has reiterated his desire to stay. His agent has confirmed his desire to stay. Nothing that our manager or club has said would suggest anything to the contrary. Literally everyone who has any say in his future whatsoever, across the board, has publicly suggested his future lies here. The only source questioning his future is speculative newspapers whose main method of filling pages is throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks - who write things weekly that are verifiably untrue. If anyone really thinks he's leaving, they either know some pretty well-kept secrets, or they're saying that they trust the Daily Mail and The Sun over the word of our manager, our club, our player, and his representation.

So forgive me if I get hung up on this, but why do you think he's as good as gone?

Juan King said:
I'm not sure how all these people on this forum know what his personality is like. I don't care if he is a twat or not as it's unlikely that I will ever have any dealings with him on a personal level, so not really bothered about that. What I do know is that he was the best striker in the PL last season so he would be a welcome addition to the team. He was a much better player the Dzeko last season so I wouldn't mind if he replaced him. I think Dzeko would probably benefit from being the first choice striker at another club also. If it doesn't happen I'm not worried either as all four of our current strikers are more than decent.

Arguably Aguero was the best striker(first prem season and 30 goals)
But im not saying Van P isnt good,and i get the who cares about his personality thing, but his history of cuntishness grates badly,and he looks like the sort that needs a smack daily.

And regarding the topic, I think I'm in a small minority who don't want RVP and still want to sell Tevez. I'd love to have Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, and Guidetti leading the line for us next season. I don't think it's possible to keep four marque strikers happy. I keep seeing football manager wish-lists of Aguero, Balotelli, RVP, and Cavani - or variations thereof - and I have no idea how anyone thinks they'll all be fine embracing a rotation system for the good of the club.

Tron Coltrane said:
Davs 19 said:
DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:
Am I the only person that doesn't think we need another striker? We already have four excellent strikers, why should we bench Dzeko and Balotelli?

Why?

I'm at such a loss on this. The player has reiterated his desire to stay. His agent has confirmed his desire to stay. Nothing that our manager or club has said would suggest anything to the contrary. Literally everyone who has any say in his future whatsoever, across the board, has publicly suggested his future lies here. The only source questioning his future is speculative newspapers whose main method of filling pages is throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks - who write things weekly that are verifiably untrue. If anyone really thinks he's leaving, they either know some pretty well-kept secrets, or they're saying that they trust the Daily Mail and The Sun over the word of our manager, our club, our player, and his representation.

So forgive me if I get hung up on this, but why do you think he's as good as gone?

Simple. His agent has 'apparently' been in talks with Bayern and more significantly, Dortmund and Juve. Bobby wants RVP & Cavani and this means that one, if not two, of our existing four leave. It obviously won't be Kun, the manager loves Mario, Tevez ( much as I loath him) is better than Dzeko ( who I like as a player BTW). So, If Bob gets the signings he wants, Edins gone.

Davs 19 said:
Tron Coltrane said:
Davs 19 said:

Why?

Simple. His agent has 'apparently' been in talks with Bayern and more significantly, Dortmund and Juve. Bobby wants RVP & Cavani and this means that one, if not two, of our existing four leave. It obviously won't be Kun, the manager loves Mario, Tevez ( much as I loath him) is better than Dzeko ( who I like as a player BTW). So, If Bob gets the signings he wants, Edins gone.

Keep Dzeko,sell Mario,buy Cavani. . . .
Jesus, management is piss easy! ;-)

Taylor said:
So Juventus are favourites or pushing hardest as Sky Sports say... does this mean we should give up? Or would Robin rather play a league where it isn't fixed.

Hang on !! There were plenty of Blue Mooners who were stating last March that the Premier League stunk to high heaven due to match fixing over here.

oakiecokie said:
Taylor said:
So Juventus are favourites or pushing hardest as Sky Sports say... does this mean we should give up? Or would Robin rather play a league where it isn't fixed.

Hang on !! There were plenty of Blue Mooners who were stating last March that the Premier League stunk to high heaven due to match fixing over here.

They share the wealth though, Baconfuckface has a monopoly on it here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.