robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do we need RVP?

The only Arsenal player I want is Vermalen. RVP is good but injury prone to bits. I look at RVP and I can see him going to Spain maybe even Barca as Villas replacement. At City I think with Kun and Tevez as the main 2 are untouchable. The link up play between the 2 of them and the midfield at the end of the season was what won us the league this year. A good pre season for Tevez and that he is focused Tevez will be our top scorer this season if he stays.

Time will tell but looking at Bobbys signings he seems to go for younger players so he can put his style of play in them. Look at those players Mario , Edin and Kun all young players that will learn a hell of a lot from Mancini.

Its crazy that we have yet to sign anyone in yet. I dont know but we need a top class Winger and a top class centre back to replace Lescott in my opinion.

Tron Coltrane said:
And regarding the topic, I think I'm in a small minority who don't want RVP and still want to sell Tevez. I'd love to have Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, and Guidetti leading the line for us next season. I don't think it's possible to keep four marque strikers happy. I keep seeing football manager wish-lists of Aguero, Balotelli, RVP, and Cavani - or variations thereof - and I have no idea how anyone thinks they'll all be fine embracing a rotation system for the good of the club.

I'm not sure you are in a minority.

I think there are lots of City fans on here & around the world who don't really want him.

I doubt many of them fail to realise how good he is & take into account all the points raised on here. More the case of, they perhaps think we can acheive our aims without him, & that's preferable to acheiving our aims with him.

No.

I agree with TCIB, his injury proneness, although not as much in the last 2 seasons, just know at us he would play 5 games at most and be injured the rest.

Face facts, Carlos is a ****, and needs shipping out of the club, before he either goes off on one again, or even worse, pretends he's happy, bides his time and walks for free on a Bosman.

Edin, I like a lot, but he's pretty much one dimensional in that he has to lead the line, he can't play in any other position and I'd prefer Aguero or Balo up top tbh.

RVP would be a fantastic signing if either or both of the above leave the club.

I just have the feeling that if you put this guy in a quality team and allow him to play 2nd striker then he'd be dynamite.

Looks like we are favourites at 11/10 to sign him with the scum and Juventus at 2/1 behind us at the moment.

I would rather we keep our current forwards unless van Persie comes cheap (which he won't)

No thanks! Just get him out of England though so the only threat he can be to us is in Europe

Do we need RVP?

No we don't, but I wouldn't be against signing him either. All of the people who "don't want him" are liars. He is the most prolific human in the world over the past two seasons. No-one has scored more. Not Ronaldo, not Rooney, not Aguero. We should focus on other targets before him, but if we can get it done quickly then I certainly won't complain.

Davs 19 said:
Tron Coltrane said:
Davs 19 said:
Think Dzeko's as good as gone mate.

Why?

I'm at such a loss on this. The player has reiterated his desire to stay. His agent has confirmed his desire to stay. Nothing that our manager or club has said would suggest anything to the contrary. Literally everyone who has any say in his future whatsoever, across the board, has publicly suggested his future lies here. The only source questioning his future is speculative newspapers whose main method of filling pages is throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks - who write things weekly that are verifiably untrue. If anyone really thinks he's leaving, they either know some pretty well-kept secrets, or they're saying that they trust the Daily Mail and The Sun over the word of our manager, our club, our player, and his representation.

So forgive me if I get hung up on this, but why do you think he's as good as gone?

Simple. His agent has 'apparently' been in talks with Bayern and more significantly, Dortmund and Juve. Bobby wants RVP & Cavani and this means that one, if not two, of our existing four leave. It obviously won't be Kun, the manager loves Mario, Tevez ( much as I loath him) is better than Dzeko ( who I like as a player BTW). So, If Bob gets the signings he wants, Edins gone.

Sorry, this is exactly what I'm getting at...

Where has it been documented that Dzeko's agent has been in talks with Bayern, Dortmund, or Juve? Was it in Bild, or The Sun, or did you read it on Goal.com? I can't remember reading about it on the Guardian, so I'm curious what journal has you so convinced this is happening. And same question regarding RVP and Cavani... I've read the same stories in The Daily Mail, Manchester Evening News, etc. that you might be referencing, but all of them came from the same Bobby quotes, which are something along the lines of "He's a nice player, he would fit into any team, but he does not play for us so I can not talk about him." But which quotes from Bobby's mouth, beyond the aforementioned benign comments - which are just simple answers to reporters trying to get a story - have led you to believe that Bobby has made these guys his transfer priorities this summer.

I feel like people used to take these tabloid reports and hacked-up sound bytes with more of a grain of salt. I don't think many of us know what the actual transfer priorities behind closed doors are, and without adding "my opinion is..." in front of transfer speculation I think there are a lot of reckless opinions based on absolute nonsense around here.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:50 pm --<br /><br />
Neville Kneville said:
Tron Coltrane said:
And regarding the topic, I think I'm in a small minority who don't want RVP and still want to sell Tevez. I'd love to have Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, and Guidetti leading the line for us next season. I don't think it's possible to keep four marque strikers happy. I keep seeing football manager wish-lists of Aguero, Balotelli, RVP, and Cavani - or variations thereof - and I have no idea how anyone thinks they'll all be fine embracing a rotation system for the good of the club.

I'm not sure you are in a minority.

I think there are lots of City fans on here & around the world who don't really want him.

I doubt many of them fail to realise how good he is & take into account all the points raised on here. More the case of, they perhaps think we can acheive our aims without him, & that's preferable to acheiving our aims with him.

I wasn't very clear at all, but I'm happy with how many people aren't jumping on the "sign up RVP" campaign. I meant that most people who want to sell Tevez feel like that frees up a space for a new signing, whereas I'd prefer to give Guidetti a shot and don't believe that a 4th striker needs to be a marquee-class player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.