robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Dzeko scored 13 League goals in half a season. Only twice in Van Persie's Arsenal career has he managed to better that.

Dzeko isnt fit to lace RVP's boots in all honesty. Create clear chances and he'll score a certain amount but he's too limited to be a top player.

Re: Do we need RVP?

bert's broken neck said:
Maybe take a punt on him if we can get him on the cheap in January!

By then we will see how we're doing with the 4 main strikers and if things aren't going as well as we'd like, then we could swoop for VP (if he's not been snapped up by anyone else in the meantime!)

Other issue to bear in mind is FPR (if we have to pay a largish fee and pay him a shed load of cash every week for his services!)
One thing i do not worry about with our owners is how the club is run , they know all about FFP and how to comply with it ..

jlc09 said:
Marvin said:
Dzeko scored 13 League goals in half a season. Only twice in Van Persie's Arsenal career has he managed to better that.

Dzeko isnt fit to lace RVP's boots in all honesty. Create clear chances and he'll score a certain amount but he's too limited to be a top player.
13 League goals is a lot more than RVP managed in 6 of his 8 seasons at Arsenal.

Dzeko spent most of the time on the bench because we had Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.

Who do Arsenal have to rival RVP? No one. He is Arsenal. He is the focus for your team.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Limmer said:
TCIB said:
pmsl is Des Kelly an Arsenal fan by any chance ?.

Des go write a blog you petty man, newspapers are for new's not for reporters to abuse their position and make rants about issues obviously close to their heart.

That is unless you can be objective which well respected reporters do.

I do not read the Daily Mail and this reminded me why.

3/10 Des, poor.
I am pretty sure he is a rag fan and he has never really hidden it either.

Liverpool fan
Not according to this <a class="postlink" href="http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZcO_R8EF-ZkC&pg=PT125&lpg=PT125&dq=Is+des+kelly+a+united+fan+fighting+talk&source=bl&ots=Ey1D68Tb2P&sig=8vpstbfTl9KEj4JKmf0N-np_j9c&hl=en&sa=X&ei=OQX4T8mIM4Ts0gW0g9WQBw&ved=0CFcQ6AEwBQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZcO_ ... CFcQ6AEwBQ</a>

The 4 we have now are all better than him imo

Tevez - when fit is on a different level to everyone else in England ( Look at 2 seasons before last)

Dzeko - gives us a different option and is only 24/25 iirc

Kun - is just kun

Balo - Had a great euros and should definitely be given another season to prove his potential

If any of them leave then maybe otherwise no

Limmer said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Limmer said:
I am pretty sure he is a rag fan and he has never really hidden it either.

Liverpool fan
Not according to this <a class="postlink" href="http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZcO_R8EF-ZkC&pg=PT125&lpg=PT125&dq=Is+des+kelly+a+united+fan+fighting+talk&source=bl&ots=Ey1D68Tb2P&sig=8vpstbfTl9KEj4JKmf0N-np_j9c&hl=en&sa=X&ei=OQX4T8mIM4Ts0gW0g9WQBw&ved=0CFcQ6AEwBQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZcO_ ... CFcQ6AEwBQ</a>

Must have jumped ship since the last time I heard him spouting off few years back.

Carol Voderman's ex of a number years.

My problem with RVP is mainly that I don't like him. He's just annoying...maybe it's just his goalscoring, but things like the unsportsmanlike conduct booking he got against Hart a few years back comes to mind.

Of course all of this will be forgotten if he scores the goals for us, though I am having a hard time picturing him in sky blue.

ANewEra... said:
The 4 we have now are all better than him imo

Tevez - when fit is on a different level to everyone else in England ( Look at 2 seasons before last)

Dzeko - gives us a different option and is only 24/25 iirc

Kun - is just kun

Balo - Had a great euros and should definitely be given another season to prove his potential

If any of them leave then maybe otherwise no
Its all about opinions But , nah can`t be arsed...

Marvin said:
13 League goals is a lot more than RVP managed in 6 of his 8 seasons at Arsenal.

Dzeko spent most of the time on the bench because we had Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.

Who do Arsenal have to rival RVP? No one. He is Arsenal. He is the focus for your team.

RVP is far better than Dzeko, there's no argument here. I'd have Cisse from Newcastle ahead of Dzeko tbh.

jlc09 said:
Marvin said:

RVP is far better than Dzeko, there's no argument here. I'd have Cisse from Newcastle ahead of Dzeko tbh.
yet for 6 out of 8 seasons RVP scored average 8 League goals a season. How do you explain that?

Dzeko won the Bundesliga for Wolfsburg. And now he has won the Premier League at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.