robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned Rose said:
SSN - Barca sniffing.
That would make sense for barca. Ridiculous that they don't have a back-up striker for David Villa.

Marvin said:
jlc09 said:
Marvin said:
13 League goals is a lot more than RVP managed in 6 of his 8 seasons at Arsenal.

Dzeko spent most of the time on the bench because we had Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.

Who do Arsenal have to rival RVP? No one. He is Arsenal. He is the focus for your team.

RVP is far better than Dzeko, there's no argument here. I'd have Cisse from Newcastle ahead of Dzeko tbh.
yet for 6 out of 8 seasons RVP scored average 8 League goals a season. How do you explain that?

Dzeko won the Bundesliga for Wolfsburg. And now he has won the Premier League at City.

This. One good season from 8. You guys should sign Stevie Island. You would love him!!

Marvin said:
yet for 6 out of 8 seasons RVP scored average 8 League goals a season. How do you explain that?

Dzeko won the Bundesliga for Wolfsburg. And now he has won the Premier League at City.

John O'Shea has medals too.

For Van Persie, a combination of injuries and his role in the squad in his early seasons meant he wasnt prolific. People forget that RVP wasnt bought as a central striker but more of supporting forward from left wing or deeper. The stats in his first two seasons are misleading, he was a sub as much as he started as we had Henry, Bergkamp and Reyes up front, RVP played off the wing at times too. Was only really from 2007 onwards he became a certain starter and when he was on the pitch, he was quality mostly.

But we live in the here and now, I'd be happy enough for you to keep Dzeko on the bench and we have RVP if you want that.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:22 am --<br /><br />Yep I'd have Adebayor over Dzeko any day.

Amazing isn't it?

All these clubs who are suddenly in for RVP, money or not.

In less than 48 hours some papers are reporting Milan (skint) Barca (skint), United (skint), PSG and Juventus.

I'm sure RVP already has a good handle on where he is going, you don't reveal your hand as he has done, otherwise.

It's as if certain clubs and media can't bring themselves to think he might choose us.

Every transfer it's the same.

They are guessing and it simply suits Arsenal not to deny any supposed interest.

Same with Nasri, Silva, Yaya, Sergio, Mario....

This will end up like another Sanchez and Hazard situation. City will do a lot of ground work and then Barcelona will turn his head and get him for a lower fee.

Two things swing me either way on this. Piers Morgan wouldn`t put his neck on the line saying he`d jump off a bridge if RVP went to City. I`m kinda thinking he may know something. Then again Neil Fairbrothers tweet about seeing RVP in Hale makes me think we are at the very least just waiting for him to say yes to us as everything is in place already(wages etc). RVP at city WOW. If he has anywhere near the same form as last year we will walk the league and do very well in the chumps league.

jlc09 said:
Marvin said:

John O'Shea has medals too.

For Van Persie, a combination of injuries and his role in the squad in his early seasons meant he wasnt prolific. People forget that RVP wasnt bought as a central striker but more of supporting forward from left wing or deeper. The stats in his first two seasons are misleading, he was a sub as much as he started as we had Henry, Bergkamp and Reyes up front, RVP played off the wing at times too. Was only really from 2007 onwards he became a certain starter and when he was on the pitch, he was quality mostly.

But we live in the here and now, I'd be happy enough for you to keep Dzeko on the bench and we have RVP if you want that.

-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:22 am --

Yep I'd have Adebayor over Dzeko any day.
Dzeko won Wolfsburg the League title and won their League Players player of the year award - hardly comparable to O'Shea. That's a ridiculous comparison

Your explanation for RVP's poor goal-scoring form in his first 6 Arsenal seasons is that Bergkamp, Reyes and Henry were the main men. Well that's similar to the situation Dzeko found at City with Aguero, Tevez and Silva....yet Dzeko scored 13 league goals from open play.

Surprised Barca aren't in for him really. I know Villa still has to come back but they are crying out for more help for Messi and RVP could fit their style comfortably. It's amazing how reliant they are on Messi in the final third(I know we were the same with RVP but this is Barcelona) and I think it's part of the reason they failed in both big competitions last year. Much preferred their attack with Messi/Henry/Eto'o or even Villa/Messi/Pedro.

Money issus perhaps but wouldnt exactly need to break the bank - Barca are like United, they'll always find the money if they really want the player.

jlc09 said:
Surprised Barca aren't in for him really. I know Villa still has to come back but they are crying out for more help for Messi and RVP could fit their style comfortably. It's amazing how reliant they are on Messi in the final third(I know we were the same with RVP but this is Barcelona) and I think it's part of the reason they failed in both big competitions last year. Much preferred their attack with Messi/Henry/Eto'o or even Villa/Messi/Pedro.

Money issus perhaps but wouldnt exactly need to break the bank - Barca are like United, they'll always find the money if they really want the player.
Agree with you 100% there. I think Barca could buy him too.

They play hard ball though. Use their pulling power and pay a low fee. I was puzzled about what RVP had to gain by making his I'm going statement. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes to Barca, or Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.