robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should we sign van persie yes or no

CityCTID said:
danburge82 said:
If this question was asked twelve months ago, many would have laughed!
If this question was asked back in January?
I would have thought "he's had one stand out half a season in an inconsistent career which has been filled with injuries and not that many goals. that's not enough to want to sign him"

r.soleofsalford said:
no, he`ll be 29 on monday and his injury record since joining arsenal in 2004 is poor to say the least, only playing in 196 games in total.

great player when fit but if i was a betting man i`d have a punt on him reverting to type after a relatively injury free last year.

also his transfer value will be next to zero if we try and unload him in 2 to 3 years. this is a major problem, as much as some think we can buy who and when want regardless of the cost. as proven with adebayor, bridge bellamy and rsc getting these off our books seems to be a problem that is affecting on our ability to strengthen our existing squad

But comes with an impressive 96 goals and considering he wasn`t played as an out and out forward for 3 years,I would say that is a fantastic return.

oakiecokie said:
r.soleofsalford said:
no, he`ll be 29 on monday and his injury record since joining arsenal in 2004 is poor to say the least, only playing in 196 games in total.
How old was Teddy Sheringham when he went to the rags. He did ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.