robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should we sign van persie yes or no

SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
completly different situation and players. compare their injury records.
Well I keep reading how will we keep 4 strikers happy? I would suggest rotation would lessen the likelihood of injurys.

But what does it matter, you're a soothsayer.

So you think RVP, Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli can all be kept happy?

SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
rotation is fine but players like rvp can get injured in the lightest of training sessions, yes he was fit for the majority of last season but before hes been made of glass.
He played 38 (all) league games last season. You have no idea how he will do next season injury wise nor if he is more or less likely to do better at another club (seeing as City had the best injury record of all the clubs last season, it may be that Arsenal were handling him wrong).

Why not just say "I don't want him" and see what happens?

you just summed it up perfectly, thanks for that. you have no idea how he will do next season injury wise, yes he did exellent last season injury wise but in the past hes been terrible injury wise therefore it is a risk,if your ok with the club spending 20million+ which could be another santa cruz situation then fine but im not.

r.soleofsalford said:
SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
NO! ... World class player but not the right age and injury record, no sell on value.
What does sell on value have to do with you?

WOuld you rather we sold Kun aged 26 for a fuck load or kept him til he was 32 with a smaller value?

sell on value should concern us all, just because our owner has vast wealth doesnt mean he`s going to spunk it out stupidly.

kun aguero was in fact 24 on 2nd june cost to city of £35 mil at the age of 23
van persie 29 on 6th august. potential cost to city of £20 to £25 mil

if they both stayed till 31

as a financial wizz kid i`ll let you do the maths

and as your a financial wizz i a bit shocked by your cavalier attitude to the sheikh`s money :)
Yes, but Prize money from Champions League success can easily covered the cost of RvP

kompany10 said:
SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
rotation is fine but players like rvp can get injured in the lightest of training sessions, yes he was fit for the majority of last season but before hes been made of glass.
He played 38 (all) league games last season. You have no idea how he will do next season injury wise nor if he is more or less likely to do better at another club (seeing as City had the best injury record of all the clubs last season, it may be that Arsenal were handling him wrong).

Why not just say "I don't want him" and see what happens?

you just summed it up perfectly, thanks for that. you have no idea how he will do next season injury wise, yes he did exellent last season injury wise but in the past hes been terrible injury wise therefore it is a risk,if your ok with the club spending 20million+ which could be another santa cruz situation then fine but im not.
It comes down to who is better, RVP or Dzeko for me. We could sell Dzeko for RVP money, get RSC and Ade off the books and be up financially. With a better team and squad.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Savic + 9million swap. Arsenal need defensive cover

So why would you offer them Savic?

Yes - Get 30+ Goals... win the league again and champs league.

Then sell him again for 30+ Million to appease all the accountants who regularly appear on this site.

johnny crossan said:
SWP's back said:
It comes down to who is better, RVP or Dzeko for me. We could sell Dzeko for RVP money, get RSC and Ade off the books and be up financially. With a better team and squad.
is that a nes or a yo?
I'm agnostic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.