robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should we sign van persie yes or no

r.soleofsalford said:
SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
NO! ... World class player but not the right age and injury record, no sell on value.
What does sell on value have to do with you?

WOuld you rather we sold Kun aged 26 for a fuck load or kept him til he was 32 with a smaller value?

sell on value should concern us all, just because our owner has vast wealth doesnt mean he`s going to spunk it out stupidly.

kun aguero was in fact 24 on 2nd june cost to city of £35 mil at the age of 23
van persie 29 on 6th august. potential cost to city of £20 to £25 mil

if they both stayed till 31

as a financial wizz kid i`ll let you do the maths

and as your a financial wizz i a bit shocked by your attitude to money :)

thats what i wanetd to say but couldnt put it in words. thanks mate.

Is there going to be a tally at some point? I'm too lazy.

kompany10 said:
SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
NO! ... World class player but not the right age and injury record, no sell on value.

WOuld you rather we sold Kun aged 26 for a fuck load or kept him til he was 32 with a smaller value?

its a waste of money, the only way we are goin to get him if we pay 20million for him. we should be buying players who are able to form part of our squad for 4/years not 1 or 2. Big no no!
4 years takes him to 33.

How old was Drogba when he just won Chelsea the CL. How old was Sheringham when he did the same for Utd?

SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:
SWP's back said:

its a waste of money, the only way we are goin to get him if we pay 20million for him. we should be buying players who are able to form part of our squad for 4/years not 1 or 2. Big no no!
4 years takes him to 33.

How old was Drogba when he just won Chelsea the CL. How old was Sheringham when he did the same for Utd?
completly different situation and players. compare their injury records.

r.soleofsalford said:
SWP's back said:
kompany10 said:

sell on value should concern us all, just because our owner has vast wealth doesnt mean he`s going to spunk it out stupidly.

kun aguero was in fact 24 on 2nd june cost to city of £35 mil at the age of 23
van persie 29 on 6th august. potential cost to city of £20 to £25 mil

if they both stayed till 31

as a financial wizz kid i`ll let you do the maths

and as your a financial wizz i a bit shocked by your cavalier attitude to the sheikh`s money :)

If the Sheik is happy to spend it then who are we to question it? Winning the CL would add an extra £50m to the coffers. Would RVP give us a better chance of doing that than Dzeko I think yes. So does Mancini.

Would we be able to sell Dzeko and buy RVP for little or no net spend? Yes. Therefore the cost argument has just fallen away. Being a whizzkid allowed me to see 2 steps ahead. ;-)

kompany10 said:
completly different situation and players. compare their injury records.
Well I keep reading how will we keep 4 strikers happy? I would suggest rotation would lessen the likelihood of injurys.

But what does it matter, you're a soothsayer.

NO, although it would piss Wenger off so do it and play him in the physio suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.