robin van persie (continued)

This genuinely isn't sour grapes, a fit rvp is possibly the best striker in the league but (here will come what the rags would call bitterness) he is 29. Now thats a transfer outlay of 24000000 on a 29 year old on a four year deal, thats astonishing in this day an age especially given sour alex assertion that he "invests in youth".

Now lets say his wages are 150000 per week (and I reckon thats more than conservative) this deal is starting to look suicidal. If my maths are anywhere near right this deal is working out at more than £13 million pounds per season. Basically he'll have to have to same impact for each of those seasons as he did in the one just gone for this deal to make sense and this isnt even taking into account the fact that the season just gone is the only one he can consider to have been injury free in his senior career. Arsenal must quietly be pretty chuffed 29 yo RVP for 27 yo Podolski and 25 yo Giroud with change to spare. As for us, I think our strikers will be ok, I'm certainly more pissed off at missing out on Javi Martinez.

The fact is, he is a fantastic player last year was his first fully fit season and he looked unstopable he tore defenders apart his vollys and shooting accuracy was immense, wed be idiots not to say we didnt want him he may not of started everygame and proba cry like a woman about it but every club in england would want a rvp, him and shrek features next year will be a nightmare for most defences, berbas wank, little tandori chicken doesnt look like he knows where he is most of the time and is macheda dead? BUT on the flip side our tev in pre season has looked a new player him and aguero this season will rip ANY defence apart providing he keeps his head down plus we have a plan b in dzeko and our crazy pizza lover balo, what the fuck have they got it there front 2 get injured?

You guessed it , FUCK ALL

Its not doom and gloom lads, its just football business we win some, we lose some.

RandomJ said:
I didn't want RVP as I think our strike force is good enough as it is. However....we cannot ignore that yet again we have missed out on one of our major targets. This window has been a complete fuck up.

I honestly don't think we were ever really after him. If Dzeko or Tevez had gone, maybe we were looking at the possibility of bringing him in at the right price. Since neither of them left our interest never became concrete.

The fact is the rags would never have got near us ever again had them and the other establishment not gone crying to Twatini and UEFA resulting in the ridiculous financial(keep the established clubs at the top forever more)rules.They are fucking pathetic,embarrassing club. They dominated in a free market but cry foul when someone else tries to do the same.

I would piss myself if he fails his medical. The Rags Think they have proved that they can spend money to their 650m fans but.....wait....he wasn't fit so they couldn't in the end.

I'm not fussed. Good player and will make them stronger but we have aguero, balo, tevez and dzeko all with an extra 12 months of playing together all younger than Van Persie and all with a better injury record. Good luck to them! Nice to stand our ground on wage demands and wait for the right players

GXCity said:
I would piss myself if he fails his medical. The Rags Think they have proved that they can spend money to their 650m fans but.....wait....he wasn't fit so they couldn't in the end.

If Santa Cruz can pass a medical I think RVP will breeze his.

they'll win games they were already going to win by bigger margins

they'll get the same results in the big games against the top teams because this signing doesnt address their problem - controlling the midfield

in fact if he plays 2 up top in these games they'll lose even more control, they might end up worse!

Ok this transfer window seems to have been an absolute disaster looking from the outside,but I am sure we will pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat before the window closes.
Trouble is we are used to the club bringing in world class players every season and have been spoilt to be honest ,have faith blues we have fantastic owners and when the correct deal comes along we will be in their.
For me getting merlin to sign a new contract is our no 1 priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.