Robinho again.

Three options

1) Sell him (no one will pay 32.5m though)
2) Loan him (best option but we are losing money on him)
3) Keep him

Undoubtedly has talent and with the new players and acquisitions maybe as other posters have been saying he would now be able to fit into our team. I would have welcomed him back but I think re his comments not wanting to return he has effectively blown the chance. Don't think Mancini wants him in the squad and therefore option 1 and 2 above are the only options, trouble with option 1 is no one is going to pay the money we did and it is obvious we won't let him go at half that price because Besiktas offered 16m for him. So who has 20m to spend on a luxury player? I don't think he will be sold which means another loan for a year and then maybe his price next year would be around the sort of value where we can offload him for good. Pity though would have liked to have seen hin in this new team of ours!!!!!!!

Remember Pele saying he was mentally unstable, too bad he didn't mention he's also a total prick.

Given we can't sell him for £20m plus (although I might be wrong), loaning him just runs his contract down and no one will pay his wages - the logical scenario is to keep him - but Robinho is no team player and he will be a disruptive influence around the place. On balance we should cut our losses let him go (cheap if needs be) but get a big sell on clause.

i'd like to give him 1 more chance....what about

hart

boateng kompany toure kolarov

yaya

a.johnson silva robbie

tevez balotelli

thoughts????

Man City order Robinho to return from Santos

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810342&sec=transfers&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5739</a>

Robinho, who cost City £32.4 million from Real Madrid in August 2008, is on loan at Brazilian club Santos and is still being paid £150,000-a-week.

Santos can only afford a small proportion of Robinho's wages, and City need to find a resolution for a player who has fallen out with manager Roberto Mancini. Indeed, there seems little hope of reconciliation.

A source close to Robinho told Soccernet: "Manchester City have asked Robinho to come back and report on August 5, the player has no choice, even though he wants to stay with Santos.

"He loves the life style, the football, and the beach. He doesn't want to swap that for the Manchester rain! There was an offer from Turkey, but it wasn't enough money for City, and in any case could you see Robinho going to Turkey? Hardly. He wants to be back in Santos.

"That is his hometown, they love him there, he walks down the street and he is the biggest celebrity in town, and after training he's straight to the beach. After a game, he's back on the beach. The football is great for him, he can show off his skills.''

But with City keen to offload him, the Brazilian's future looks unclear and he may even struggle to find another club in England.

"With City he is expected to run for 90 minutes, if they pick him, that is,'' the source added. ''He might be tempted to play for a club in London, though, if anyone could afford his wages, but they couldn't.

"So, the big question is what do City do with Robinho, what can they do with him? Having invested so much money in the player it is a tricky problem for them."

To be fair to Robinho, I bet it's a bloody nice beach.

I find it amazing that on most threads we slag off the press as a bunch of no mark bastards who make up quotes, or misdirect deliberately just to get a story. Additionally, over the last couple of seasons they love to have a dig at City, which we always slag off. However, when it comes to quotes from Robinho there are quite a few who want to believe every word put in print.

Leave it to the club, they'll make the decision whether to get rid of him or keep him. And stop believing half the shite printed in our lying media.

malg said:
I find it amazing that on most threads we slag off the press as a bunch of no mark bastards who make up quotes, or misdirect deliberately just to get a story. Additionally, over the last couple of seasons they love to have a dig at City, which we always slag off. However, when it comes to quotes from Robinho there are quite a few who want to believe every word put in print.

Leave it to the club, they'll make the decision whether to get rid of him or keep him. And stop believing half the shite printed in our lying media.

I believe what I see on the pitch...a player picking up a huge wage on a beach holiday. I think he wants to stay in Santos because that's where he asked to go. But if he really wants to stay and loves it that much....take a pay cut.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/26/2043251/manchester-city-order-robinho-to-return-to-eastlands-from-santos-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... om-santos-</a>

Manchester City order Robinho to return to Eastlands from Santos loan - report
26 Jul 2010 22:32:00

Manchester City have ordered Brazilian Robinho to return to Eastlands on August 5 to resolve his future at the club, according to ESPNsoccernet.

City boss Roberto Mancini is seemingly keen for the future of the £32.5 million British record signing to be sorted before the beginning of the Premier League campaign as he tries to whittle down his 37-man first team squad.

A source close to Robinho reportedly told ESPN Soccernet: "Manchester City have asked Robinho to come back and report on August 5, the player has no choice, even though he wants to stay with Santos.

"He loves the life style, the football, and the beach. He doesn't want to swap that for the Manchester rain! There was an offer from Turkey, but it wasn't enough money for City, and in any case could you see Robinho going to Turkey? Hardly. He wants to be back in Santos.

"That is his hometown, they love him there, he walks down the street and he is the biggest celebrity in town, and after training he's straight to the beach. After a game, he's back on the beach. The football is great for him, he can show off his skills.

"With City he is expected to run for 90 minutes, if they pick him, that is," the source added. "He might be tempted to play for a club in London, though, if anyone could afford his wages, but they couldn't.

"So, the big question is what do City do with Robinho, what can they do with him? Having invested so much money in the player it is a tricky problem for them."

Robinho has been on loan at Brazilian outfit Santos since January and huge doubts remain as to whether he will ever pull on a City shirt again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.