Robinho, and the top 4!

I would like to see what sort of WC he has. Secondly if he came back it would have to be for the right reasons. If we get top four there are bigger and better marquee players out there who will improve our team no end. The money side of his transfer won't matter a jot to our owners his signing alone launched us into the spotlight, sucess on the pitch without him is now more important. I wish him well wherever he plys his trade, he could have been an absolute legend but time stands still for no one and no one is guaranteed legendary status, it has to be earned and unfortunately in his case it hasn't.

Part of the reason he flopped in his 2nd season was that he was treated with derision by the media who could not accept that a World Class player would play for MCFC. Unfortunately every time City failed to win, Robinho got the blame and he became an easy target for the cry baby tendency.

It became inevitable that Robinho would leave in the January window. But I still think he could be successful in the English game, particularly if he felt wanted. Maybe he needs to toughen up a bit. But that goes for fans too who listen too much to reporters and opinion-makers who know next to nothing about our club

Sometimes I listen to Radio 5 reports on City away games, and they've slaughtered us. Then I watch a similar performance / result from Villa, Spurs, or another of the top 4, and a totally different picture is painted. Expectations, and criticism of City is taken to another level by the media because of who we are now - the World's Richest Club - but the fans have not got to grips with it yet.

I was watching Chelsea play Boton this week. And they were making really heavy going of it, and only got a goal after about 40 mins. The crowd were pretty much silent, but you could sense the confidence in the players and crowd that a goal would come eventually. At City the fans would have been on the backs of the players after 25 mins and there would have been howls of complaint every time a ball was lost. 34 years have taken their toll.

Funny this, I was gonna ask last week had anyone heard anything about him. Then I started thinking about his performances and couldn't be arsed.

So fuck him if in his own words he thinks we're 'Just a small club with a lot of money'!!!!!

If we can have an on form Robinho at City, I'm all in favour.

He has the potential to be an outstanding player and I hope that if he does come back he finally lives up to expectations.

If he did that, I doubt there would be many City fans complaining.

Bring him home, embrace him, nurture his talent (under AJ perhaps) and covet him for being brilliant and bringing smiles to peoples faces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.