Robinho, and the top 4!

he hasn't actually done anything wrong. but the overwhelming impression is that he's really interested in being a brazillian icon and playboy, rather than a top-flight european club footballer.

bizzbo said:
he hasn't actually done anything wrong. but the overwhelming impression is that he's really interested in being a brazillian icon and playboy, rather than a top-flight european club footballer.

very true mate, i'm over Robby now but by 'ek i'd love to see him turn it on again, this decade or next....

Matt Diablo said:
bizzbo said:

very true mate, i'm over Robby now but by 'ek i'd love to see him turn it on again, this decade or next....

the real question is what does Manciti make of him, and we might deduce a little of this from his last appearance for us.

another aspect is that our manager may have grasped this nettle quickly in trying to get us sorted out, and with what I expect him to be given come the summer he can go and do whatever he wants with whomever he wants.

I'd be surprised if we see Robinho back over here - unless there's a problem with Santos affording him.

mammutly said:
If we can have an on form Robinho at City, I'm all in favour.

He has the potential to be an outstanding player and I hope that if he does come back he finally lives up to expectations.

If he did that, I doubt there would be many City fans complaining.
Potentially a fantastic player, no question about it. Unfortunately, there's too many 'ifs' in there for me.He obviously has the skill; what he needs is the application of players like Carlos, Bellamy, Barry, Ned and Vinny. All players who wouldn't have a fraction of the ball skills that Rob has but they all keep the head down, work hard and get the job done. Even Ade, who I wasn't convinced about during mid-season, is now showing the same commitment to the cause. Can Rob do that? We all remember his sublime performance against Arsenal, his hat trick against Joke, the free kick against Chelsea and tearing Portsmouth apart in the 6-0 (when they still had most of the cup winning side). Unfortunately we also remember his abject performances away form home last season. Can he come back and turn things around? Does he want to?

He'll always be poor in a team who don't keep the ball. Last season, especially away from home we didn't really keep the ball and he wasn't really on the ball in the final third. At home it was different because teams sat back against us and we could support him in the final third.

So with that in mind, if we can sign a few more quality possession players, he'd be a great option for us. He's the icing on top of a fancy cake. He's not the sort of player who can carry an average team, but he is the sort of player who can potentially make a good team great.

Plus, it was exciting watching him.

Some sanity at last. Got the blame all the time for Hughes shit tactics away from home. Scored 14 league goals in his first season in the Prem (to put that in perspective, Bellers has never scored that many in his entire career). Second season started off well, played a part in four victories (had two goals disallowed?), broke his foot, took ages to recover, went out on loan to work his fitness back up.

I'd have him back in heartbeat.

When Robinho was here and putting in some very hit and miss performances and looking very average indeed for at least 75% of his performances, all it would take is one step over or one stupid video on the website of him gurning and you would have loads of people on here wetting themselves.

"I love Robinho""
"What a guy"
"Easily the best player to ever play for the club"
"The only class player we have"
"It really shines through how much he loves it at City"

And all sorts of other crap.

Then he leaves and now he is the biggest bastard in the world ever. And no-one has a good word for him. Bile being spouted left, right and centre and no doubt my many of the saem characters that were spouting the above previously.

Typical steroetypical football fan bullshit. Everyone is either the best thing ever or Hitler reincarnated.

Blue Train said:
Some sanity at last. Got the blame all the time for Hughes shit tactics away from home. Scored 14 league goals in his first season in the Prem (to put that in perspective, Bellers has never scored that many in his entire career). Second season started off well, played a part in four victories (had two goals disallowed?), broke his foot, took ages to recover, went out on loan to work his fitness back up.

I'd have him back in heartbeat.

Tin hat on here, but I think that he could make a great attacking midfielder for us - never mind his 15 goals last season, some of his assists were fantastic.
I would keep our present 4 attackers.

Yes, he's hopeless in defence, but if Bobby could get him to put in a shift the way he has with Ade?
Remember Ade never put in the type of effort at Arsenal that he puts in for us now - he is being properly managed!

I would give Robbie another couple of chances, but read him the riot act first.

If he doesn't shape up, ship him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.