Robinho, and the top 4!

I can't help but love the guy. I don't know why even after listning to Graham Hunter, talksports South American guy (he knows his shit as well) tell the world he's a spoiled little twat.
I still hold out hope he comes back and shines.

There is no point in the twat ever returning to the Prem because he's too much of a sissy to handle the kind of game played here. He didn't exactly set La Liga on fire, either, back when he was a RM player.

I don't want to ever see him in the shirt again because he is not fit to wear it.

Although he didn't quite cut it in the prem, Robby did stuff on the pitch that i've never seen anyone do before (left myself open to witty remarks, i know) At times you were left speechless at some of his trickery so just for pure entertainment......yes, id have him back in a second.............(now the sun is coming out!)

Rammyblues said:
I would like to see what sort of WC he has. Secondly if he came back it would have to be for the right reasons. If we get top four there are bigger and better marquee players out there who will improve our team no end. The money side of his transfer won't matter a jot to our owners his signing alone launched us into the spotlight, sucess on the pitch without him is now more important. I wish him well wherever he plys his trade, he could have been an absolute legend but time stands still for no one and no one is guaranteed legendary status, it has to be earned and unfortunately in his case it hasn't.
Not interested in marquee players. I'm interested in match-winners. players who can change a game in an instant with a moment of magic. Robinho can do what Messi does, and I bet he will light up the World Cup then you will all want him back

I know he didn't play well for City this season. But he's a young player who needed to feel wanted, and instead he got a lot of criticism which eventually got to him.

I think he's the type of player you need to build a team around. Instead he was stuck out on our left wing, and sometimes 15mins could pass by without him touching the ball. In a better City team, he could be more effective.

Take a team like Chelsea, or Barcelona. They ball just zips about the pitch whatever the opposition. And when it gets to the forwards in the final third they really hurt the opponents. When Robinho was at City we lacked the ability to hold possession, and Robinho was often a luxury player stuck out on the fringes of the game who might not touch the ball for 10 minutes at a time.

Players like Robinho can't carry average teams. But they can enhance very good teams and deliver that something special that very few players can do.

May just be talking rubbish, but going to watch Robinho always felt exciting, and I was always willing him on to prove his critics wrong. Very disappointing the way it "ended". I know it went wrong, but I hope he feels he has unfinished business. If he doesn't come back and prove he can play in the Premiership it will always be a blot on his career and it will be difficult for him to go down as one of the World's best players.

supercity36 said:
robinho had no interest in helping us get into the champions league, so why should he play for us in it. for me, robinho has made his bed, and we should make him fucking lie in it

Agre, Couldn't get in the team to play in the premier league with the current squad so has no chance of making it into a champions league game with a vastly improved squad !

Marvin said:
Rammyblues said:
quote]

I know he didn't play well for City this season. But he's a young player who needed to feel wanted, and instead he got a lot of criticism which eventually got to him.

I know! I mean, how could he have been expected to feel valued when we were only paying him £135,000 a week.

supercity36 said:
robinho had no interest in helping us get into the champions league, so why should he play for us in it.

If you believe that we shouldn't sign any new players in the summer; because none of them will have helped us get into the CL either.

Marvin said:
The only criticism he got was from some of the media, which I doubt he even heard or read.
He certainly didn't get any stick during games from the fans, even matches when he clearly didn't want to know..
We idolised him, especially last season and he repaid our loyalty to him by constantly trying to engineer a move and recently putting the club down with more snide remarks, not once since he left has he said anything positive about City or the fans.

suitcases.jpg

Too much baggage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.