Robinho has to be in our 1st 11

No player should ever be guaranteed a starting place, but Robinho is my favourite City player, and I'd really try and find him a place in our team.

Tevez seems to have the roaming role at the moment - behind Adebayor.

We could play Tevez on the right, Ade down the middle and Bellamy on the left with Robbie behind Adebayor.

I agree with the other posters that the crucial part of the game is in the final third with the final ball / invention to beat the last man can decide a game

Teams are going to park a bus in front of our goal at home - like Fulham tried to do in the League Cup, and it takes something special to break determined opponents down.

There aren't many players who can do what Robinho can do with the ball.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
carrconormcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bc2GQgg5Pg[/youtube]

You were saying...
One goal, and it's not even for City, how many times has he tried it for us and it's just looked like a pass back to there keeper?
He's magic for Brazil, his solo attempts are second to none, whether he runs the whole pitch beating everyone and slotting home are those crackers.

Never for City though.

Robinho should play more than not just for his ability to create or score a goal out of nothing. On the left aswell as he's dangerous there. I wanna see bellamy up top on the shoulder where he's dangerous, i thought on monday he was just wasted on the left, I no he works hard but he's meant to be an attacking player I'd like to see him more threatening

Miami Weiss said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
One goal, and it's not even for City, how many times has he tried it for us and it's just looked like a pass back to there keeper?
He's magic for Brazil, his solo attempts are second to none, whether he runs the whole pitch beating everyone and slotting home are those crackers.

Never for City though.

But it shows he CAN do it. Hes a world-class player and would walk into any team in the premiership. Look at the 'top 4' and their left-wingers.
Scum-Giggs/Nani- Giggs can be good sometimes, Nani is crap, Robby is better than both of them.
Chelsea- Malouda- Inconsistent (OK, so is Robby) but if they were both at the top of their game, Robby is better.
Arsenal- Nasri? Walcott? Robinho would fit perfectly into Arsenal and their style of fooball.
Liverpool- Riera/Babel/Benayoun- Again, all good player on their day but not as good as Robby.

Robinho has had ONE season in English football and how crap were we for the first half of last year? He did OK in the first few games this year and I think one he works more with the team now (where we have more quality and players at his level) , we will see his true quality!

Drop SWP whos had a bad season so far and play Robbie on the left, Bellers on the right and Tevez in the middle behind Adebayor as out attacking front 4. The only problem that leaves is Ireland/De Jong?

blu4life said:
Miami Weiss said:

Never for City though.

But it shows he CAN do it. Hes a world-class player and would walk into any team in the premiership. Look at the 'top 4' and their left-wingers.
Scum-Giggs/Nani- Giggs can be good sometimes, Nani is crap, Robby is better than both of them.
Chelsea- Malouda- Inconsistent (OK, so is Robby) but if they were both at the top of their game, Robby is better.
Arsenal- Nasri? Walcott? Robinho would fit perfectly into Arsenal and their style of fooball.
Liverpool- Riera/Babel/Benayoun- Again, all good player on their day but not as good as Robby.

Robinho has had ONE season in English football and how crap were we for the first half of last year? He did OK in the first few games this year and I think one he works more with the team now (where we have more quality and players at his level) , we will see his true quality!

Drop SWP whos had a bad season so far and play Robbie on the left, Bellers on the right and Tevez in the middle behind Adebayor as out attacking front 4. The only problem that leaves is Ireland/De Jong?

I never said he couldn't but I fell jealous watching these Brazil matched where he completley runs the show, Well said mate.

Agree with the OP. He's a special player who can change games.

for me-

-----Dejong----Barry-------
Bellamy----Tevez----Robinho
-----------Ade------------

Ireland can easily replace Tevez, depending on form.

I will be devastated if Robinho leaves in January. I am very eager to see how he and Tevez will work together. Two of my absolute favorites in the world and if they are both fit and given time to develop some chemistry they can be magic. Robinho will have to be given time to fit in with this team when he returns and I hope people don't jump on him if the struggles initially.

theholyswan said:
With Robinho being laid off for the past few games i think people have forgotten exactly how good he is.

After watching the Villa game it made me realise that we really miss a play maker, someone with a trick up his sleeve who can take on a defender. Before Ireland came on we had no answers to the puzzle that was unlocking the Villa defence.

Robinho can have his off games but i dont think we have a player that is as skillful and flamboyant as Robinho and this is something that all the great teams have. Adebayor has skill but he seems clumsy with it and his job is done elsewhere(Goal Scoring).

Therefore he has to be in our starting 11 and even if he does have an "off game" with the bench we have these days he can always be replaced if he is not being effective or the opposition are kicking him out of the game.

One for you to mull over there Hughesy.

He doesn't have to be in the starting 11 but we definately could have done with him against Villa to crack their defence. But saying that, SWP, and Ade both had chances but did not take them.

elmarto88 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Can't wait to have Robinho back. He wasn't on fire during the 3 games he played at the start of the season but he still had a hand in 3 of our 4 goals scored and this break will do him the world of good as he had a long summer playing for Brazil. Against the lesser sides that will sit back and invite you to come at them like Fulham in the cup we need a player like Robinho as he's got the ability to pick a pass better than most if not all our other attacking players and i can't knock Bellamy to be honest as he's been excellent in the last 5 games or so but i'm sure Hughes will find a place for Robbie once fully fit and i'd rather have Robbie in the side than Tevez if it came down to that

Please mate do me a favour. Tevez does everything but the head the ball well. Two goals against West Ham not a bad game at villa held the ball up better than adebayor and santa cruz.. He can mix it up with teams like burnley and stoke because he is physical and technical! He scored some very important goals for united. Both good players but they both need to be in.

Not a bad game against Villa? He was awful but lets not get into that. I'm not a massive Tevez fan and if it came down to picking between Robbie and Tevez to start then i'd pick Robbie in most of the games however it might not come down to that and thats for Hughes to sort out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.