Robinho has to be in our 1st 11

twinkletoes said:
Damocles said:
Robinho NEEDS to play behind Ade but in front of the midfield, like where Tevez did against Villa.

Put him there and give him a little protection by Bellers/Ade/SWP/De Jong, and he'd make defenders explode.

SWP's form this season has been terrible.

Robinho's form this season was not exactly world class.

Like the OP I've really noticed in the past few games when he's not been playing, and I think we've missed him. He's a special player that can spark to change a game and unlock defences, and there aren't too many of those about. He is also an excellent finisher when on form (seriously, just look through his goals last season if you've forgotten).

For me, he's 100% certain to be back in the team when fit and rightly so. I'm sure he'll be rested for a few games, but for the majority you better believe he'll be starting when fit. Who gets dropped, I'm not sure. That's up to Hughes.

Bigga said:
stockportblue said:
Very simple he hangs onto the ball too long enabling defenders to get goal side.

LOL!!

Or conversely, he waits for support and options for the best attacking position!

Silly Robby!

Whilst the opposition get men behind the ball and the counter attacking opportunity is lost.

Plenty of movement off the ball with the players we have now, and consequently more often than not enough forward options for the man on the ball.The days of Elanos laziness and Caciedos non-existent football brain have gone.

mike24 said:
theholyswan said:
Take it you didn't see the Arsenal Home game last season? or the Everton away?

...or stoke at home, blackburn away (in the last few seconds) portsmouth at home etc
He has done good finishes but he's missed a lot of sitters too imo, I remember he missed at least 5 tap ins from just a few yards out last season and outside the box (bar the Arsenal chip) he's hopeless, just can't get power. He's very good at placing it in the corners when he's just inside the area.

He has to be sub, when he comes back as you don't drop in form players for players that might play well, then when he does get his chance again he has to prove he shouldn't be dropped and I hope he does. The point about our breaks as well is a very good one, if we're breaking very fast to get a goal, like we've done so many times this season, we can't afford to have him holding on to the ball too long and letting there players get back and regroup.

He doesn't have to be in any first 11. When he is fit he will get his chance even if from the bench for the first time and it's up to him to take that chance.

carrconormcfc said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
outside the box (bar the Arsenal chip) he's hopeless, just can't get power. He's very good at placing it in the corners when he's just inside the area.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bc2GQgg5Pg[/youtube]

You were saying...
One goal, and it's not even for City, how many times has he tried it for us and it's just looked like a pass back to there keeper?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
He doesn't have to be in any first 11. When he is fit he will get his chance even if from the bench for the first time and it's up to him to take that chance.

^This.

I think he'll be used like he was at Madrid. Play at home, on the bench away.
Been said before, but it's horses for courses. I'd expect Ade & Rocky to pair up at somewhere like Bolton away.
More importantly because of our options, we don't have to rush him back from injury like we did last year.

stockportblue said:
Bigga said:
LOL!!

Or conversely, he waits for support and options for the best attacking position!

Silly Robby!

Whilst the opposition get men behind the ball and the counter attacking opportunity is lost.

Plenty of movement off the ball with the players we have now, and consequently more often than not enough forward options for the man on the ball.The days of Elanos laziness and Caciedos non-existent football brain have gone.

Did you not see Brazil in the summer, they played counterattacking football almost exclusively and Robbie was perfect, even last year he was great counterattacking when we did, he's smart and realises that running right at the last defenders isn't always the way to go to finish an attack. How many times Monday did we break and Tevez/Bellamy/SWP just ran straight into their man losing possesion? It took someone with vision and a real football brain in Ireland to unlock their defence and create a goal. That is what Robbie provides except also with pace, skill, and top quality finishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.