Robinho in 10-0 Santos Win

ono said:
Of course it matters

Why are LIverpool considered a two man team? Cos they have two world class players who still play well despite being in an average team.

Messi, who is widely considered the best player in the world, generally speaking, is poor when he plays for Argentina.

You're comparing club v international football. Two different things.

Yet when he plays for Barcelona, he is amazing. How can this be, if it doesn't matter what the team does? Why can't Messi turn it on for Argentina?

Because Barca are a fantastic team and Argentina aren't as good in their own sphere.

It's not as though i'm even supporting him.

You're doing a poor job of attacking him then!

I just think all the slagging off is barmy, considering he's only gone on loan to get first team football in preperation of the World Cup.

Incorrect. He is quoted as saying he wants to stay at Santos after the world cup.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
ono said:
Of course it matters

Why are LIverpool considered a two man team? Cos they have two world class players who still play well despite being in an average team.

Messi, who is widely considered the best player in the world, generally speaking, is poor when he plays for Argentina.

You're comparing club v international football. Two different things.

It doesn't matter. It's still football. I'm comparing a world class player in a world class team to a world class player in an average team, and how his effectiveness on the game completely changes. NTW, i'm not suggesting robinho is world class

Yet when he plays for Barcelona, he is amazing. How can this be, if it doesn't matter what the team does? Why can't Messi turn it on for Argentina?

Because Barca are a fantastic team and Argentina aren't as good in their own sphere.

Barcelona keep the ball. Argentina are poor at this. At home City keep the ball. Away from home, we simply cannot

It's not as though i'm even supporting him.

You're doing a poor job of attacking him then!

Lol

I just think all the slagging off is barmy, considering he's only gone on loan to get first team football in preperation of the World Cup.

Incorrect. He is quoted as saying he wants to stay at Santos after the world cup.
<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 pm --<br /><br />
ono said:
He's also quoted as saying he will return to City to prove he isn't a bench warmer.

Since then he has said he wants to stay at Santos - FACT.
But he's also paid up the rent on his house for the next year. I don't hold it against him for wanting to stay there anyway. If he decides to do so, and we let him, i'll merely be disappointed in him. However i won't feel the need to want to see him have his legs broken like some on here

At the end of the day, world class players don't quit the Premier League to play in some regional competition.

He didn't want to roll up his socks and force his way into the team, so he took the easy option.

You can put as much spin on it as you want, but if he was a great player with the right attitude, he'd have got his place back with no trouble.

At least JTU will now believe that the quote i mentioned was actually existed!!! Thanks whoever found it

Also i will support the player till he does leave...whether that is in the summer or in 10 yrs time (adnd as ive now stated twice i think he will leave in the summer)

My whole point has been that all we do by attacking the player whether it is on here (which helps fuel the media) or at the game s(and it does happen so dont deny it doesnt) is ensure that a player who when full of confidence and given 100% support can only help strengthen our squad

some people are obviously determined to see him leave (the british media have been at t since the first day of his arrival) so well done for supporting them.......

oh and btw you do realise that when he does leave and goes somewhere else and the next time we are after a world class player the media will use robinho as an exampkle of why world class players sholdnt come to city????

there whole tact on him will change.....it will be the failure of city to satisfy his needs (they will even say he has said this) etc etc etc.......we know this i not the case but it wont stop it happening

it so sad that some people on here live up to the name that the utd fans give us.........BITTER!!!

he played some fantastic games for us, scored some great goals (he had poor games as well but i cannt think of any player who at some point hasnt had a poor game.....especially at city) and is a player who will go on to strengthen some over team

oh and by the way....swp and robbie are very different players. They may eb around the same height (robinho may even be taller im not sure) and even teh same weight......but im the same weight as a light middle weight boxer and i wouldnt even pretend to be able to hit as hard...or take the same sort of punishment...its just not in my physical make up, or to put it into football terms im about the same size and build as Alan shearer was in his prime but there is no way i could hit a ball as hard, run as fast jump as high or take the physical punishment of being hit by prem defenders, yet i would consider myself as fit as he was......neither is it in robinhos to take sort of treatment that swp gets on a regualr basis.....he would be continually injured

simon23 said:
At least JTU will now believe that the quote i mentioned was actually existed!!! Thanks whoever found it

Also i will support the player till he does leave...whether that is in the summer or in 10 yrs time (adnd as ive now stated twice i think he will leave in the summer)

My whole point has been that all we do by attacking the player whether it is on here (which helps fuel the media) or at the game s(and it does happen so dont deny it doesnt) is ensure that a player who when full of confidence and given 100% support can only help strengthen our squad

some people are obviously determined to see him leave (the british media have been at t since the first day of his arrival) so well done for supporting them.......

oh and btw you do realise that when he does leave and goes somewhere else and the next time we are after a world class player the media will use robinho as an exampkle of why world class players sholdnt come to city????

there whole tact on him will change.....it will be the failure of city to satisfy his needs (they will even say he has said this) etc etc etc.......we know this i not the case but it wont stop it happening

it so sad that some people on here live up to the name that the utd fans give us.........BITTER!!!

he played some fantastic games for us, scored some great goals (he had poor games as well but i cannt think of any player who at some point hasnt had a poor game.....especially at city) and is a player who will go on to strengthen some over team

oh and by the way....swp and robbie are very different players. They may eb around the same height (robinho may even be taller im not sure) and even teh same weight......but im the same weight as a light middle weight boxer and i wouldnt even pretend to be able to hit as hard...or take the same sort of punishment...its just not in my physical make up, or to put it into football terms im about the same size and build as Alan shearer was in his prime but there is no way i could hit a ball as hard, run as fast jump as high or take the physical punishment of being hit by prem defenders, yet i would consider myself as fit as he was......neither is it in robinhos to take sort of treatment that swp gets on a regualr basis.....he would be continually injured
I wanted him at City.

I was desperate for him to come back from injury, force his way into the side, and lead us to fourth (Even after spending 2 months flirting with Barcelona).

Then he went. After making claim after claim, belittling our past & present, saying how he was going to do this that and the rest, he went. Didn't want to get his hands dirty while the rest of the team are now fighting week in week out for Champions League football.

And to top it off, since he's gone, he's said he wants to stay forever, slagged off Manchester, and had digs at the gaffer.

ono said:
It doesn't matter.

Yes it does.

There are players who play better at club football than international and vice versa.

I'm comparing a world class player in a world class team to a world class player in an average team, and how his effectiveness on the game completely changes. NTW, i'm not suggesting robinho is world class.

Torres and Gerrard play in an average team, yet they still put in good/great performances week in, week out when they are fit.

I don't give a shit about Messi being average for Argentina. There may be various reasons why he isn't as good internationaly that have nothing to do with the quality of players around him.

Barcelona keep the ball. Argentina are poor at this. At home City keep the ball. Away from home, we simply cannot

How is this an excuse for Robinho not trying?

ono said:
It doesn't matter.

Yes it does.

There are players who play better at club football than international and vice versa.

I'm comparing a world class player in a world class team to a world class player in an average team, and how his effectiveness on the game completely changes. NTW, i'm not suggesting robinho is world class.

Torres and Gerrard play in an average team, yet they still put in good/great performances week in, week out when they are fit.

I don't give a shit about Messi being average for Argentina. There may be various reasons why he isn't as good internationaly that have nothing to do with the quality of players around him.

How is this an excuse for Robinho not trying?
My overall point is Robinho plays better in a team that is able to keep the ball.

Torres and Gerrard have been average for the majority of the season, wheras last season, when Alonso was there, Torres and Gerrard were more effective.

If you're going down the road of saying Robinho doesn't try, then any further discussion with me at least is pointless. There are people who think he does and there are people who think he does. I'll probably just leave it at that.

Bluemoon115 said:
simon23 said:

I wanted him at City.

I was desperate for him to come back from injury, force his way into the side, and lead us to fourth (Even after spending 2 months flirting with Barcelona).

Then he went. After making claim after claim, belittling our past & present, saying how he was going to do this that and the rest, he went. Didn't want to get his hands dirty while the rest of the team are now fighting week in week out for Champions League football.

And to top it off, since he's gone, he's said he wants to stay forever, slagged off Manchester, and had digs at the gaffer.

ive not seen anything about slagging manchester off besides the comment about the weather....and lets face it...he is right!!

as for his digs about mancini.....again in my opinion he is right if he actually said it!

im not sure how he belittles our past though??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.