Robinho in 10-0 Santos Win

I think "It's World cup year" and he wasn't getting noticed too much over here (lack of placing and playing) Like some people on here have said, he is a good player in that little pond, But he didn't get the Prem way of play. A Rooney, Messi or even a Tevez, he will never be, so go Robbi be the big fish in Brazil's little pond, BUT you will only ever be a tiddler in the PL.

citygirl77 said:
I think "It's World cup year" and he wasn't getting noticed too much over here (lack of placing and playing) Like some people on here have said, he is a good player in that little pond, But he didn't get the Prem way of play. A Rooney, Messi or even a Tevez, he will never be, so go Robbi be the big fish in Brazil's little pond, BUT you will only ever be a tiddler in the PL.

Scored more goals than anyone else on our side last year so what does that say about them?

Robinho is great, he's just not to the taste of the majority on this board who prefer a more Sunday morning pub side/under 12's type of approach to the beautiful game.

Horses for courses and all that. He'd be in my side.

TheMightyQuinn said:
citygirl77 said:

Scored more goals than anyone else on our side last year so what does that say about them?

Robinho is great, he's just not to the taste of the majority on this board who prefer a more Sunday morning pub side/under 12's type of approach to the beautiful game.

He is brilliant but he does him self no favours. Hate watching players not make the most of there talent.

All this talk about how it's too physical for him, etc., is bollocks. In the end it all comes down to his own attitude, which is quite rotten. The Premier League hasn't suddenly become twice as tough to play in during the 2009/2010 season compared to the 2008/2009 season where Robinho scored plenty of goals and did plenty for us (despite suspect away day performances). He is just a primadonna and will only ever be valuable to us again if he wants to be.

scottyboi said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He is brilliant but he does him self no favours. Hate watching players not make the most of there talent.

We gave him less than a full season to write him off to be fair to the lad.

He's often blamed for our poor away form despite the fact we have 11 players every away game and Robinho didn't even feature in most this season.

He also provided the majority of our great play last season alongside Superman.

In the right team, given the freedom to express himself he'll be a world beater.

The fact his defending was poor is irrelevant to me, I never much rated Dunne as an attacking force but as he was a decent defender I was more than happy.

It's all too easy to focus on a players weaknesses and therefore ignore their good attributes.

Tevez, for all his hard work and excellent passing in the final 3rd, is not a natural finisher. Not a problem for me, he makes up for not being a young Robbie Fowler in front of goal by working his balls of and contributing with goals that tend to be spectacular or mildly Goater esque (he scores with his knees and thighs).

Likewise it could be noted that Craig Bellamy offers us very little when defending corners, not being 6'4 is a real hindrance. I overlook this however, and praise his pace and attacking play.

Robinho got dogs abuse on here for reasons I will never really understand.

You can see the same developing with Ade at the moment, he's great, he scores goals and works his balls off BUT people on here only see work as running about a lot so he'll always come up short in discussions on here.

Shame, as we'll never win the league with 11 runners and grafters, something has to give, lets hope it's the 'English disease' that gives and not our ambition.

TheMightyQuinn said:
scottyboi said:

We gave him less than a full season to write him off to be fair to the lad.

He's often blamed for our poor away form despite the fact we have 11 players every away game and Robinho didn't even feature in most this season.

He also provided the majority of our great play last season alongside Superman.

In the right team, given the freedom to express himself he'll be a world beater.

The fact his defending was poor is irrelevant to me, I never much rated Dunne as an attacking force but as he was a decent defender I was more than happy.

It's all too easy to focus on a players weaknesses and therefore ignore their good attributes.

Tevez, for all his hard work and excellent passing in the final 3rd, is not a natural finisher. Not a problem for me, he makes up for not being a young Robbie Fowler in front of goal by working his balls of and contributing with goals that tend to be spectacular or mildly Goater esque (he scores with his knees and thighs).

Likewise it could be noted that Craig Bellamy offers us very little when defending corners, not being 6'4 is a real hindrance. I overlook this however, and praise his pace and attacking play.

Robinho got dogs abuse on here for reasons I will never really understand.

You can see the same developing with Ade at the moment, he's great, he scores goals and works his balls off BUT people on here only see work as running about a lot so he'll always come up short in discussions on here.

Shame, as we'll never win the league with 11 runners and grafters, something has to give, lets hope it's the 'English disease' that gives and not our ambition.

THIS THIS THIS AND THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Well said that man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.